Freehub spacer?

bobbydigital
bobbydigital Posts: 254
edited March 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
I need to space my freehub, all the spacers I've seen specifically for freehubs have been 35mm which are just BB spacers I think, I actually need to space my freehub from the middle and not the outer edge.

I need something that has an OD 28MM, ID 24MM and between 1/1.5mm thick. As you can see in the photo below, the upper freehub is the original and it has an inbuilt spacer but the new one on the lower doesn't, so it sits too far into the hub when the bolt is tightened, causing the freehub to lock up. I just wondering if there is an "industry" spacer for this, I.E one they sell for freehubs specifically or if I'm going to need to just buy one that fits from a D.I.Y shop.

I did find some on ebay but they wanted £10 for 5 washers, rip off.

vLG5mZG.jpg
mjVqSSw.jpg
avmLGWu.jpg

Or even if you know what the original freehub is? I could always buy it and send return the other one.

FHB001, FHB003 is what the new one was is, some reason it has 2 different names, it's an 8/9 speed Raleigh freehub. It fits perfectly apart from the rubbing, I tried a Shimano freehub I had laying around but the little slots didn't match up to the hub.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    By the time you've gone to hunt one down it will probably cost you more than £10 in time and hassle.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • That's true, I just wanted to know really if there's other ways. I ordered the washers from a site called laser master, you can put in the numbers and materials and pay, fingers crossed.

I did find that a key ring ring, the ring you put keys on to fitted perfectly, but seemed a bit of a bodge job.