Online retailers offering 0% finance

sy1975
sy1975 Posts: 95
edited November 2017 in Road general
Ive come across Tredz - who have a wide range of bikes, they offer 0% finance as well.

Has anyone used Tredz or can recommend any other retailers offering good finance deals?

thanks
Sunny Days - De Rosa - King RS Action Azzurro lumina
Rain - Winter - Wilier - xp izoard "petacchi"
Classic - 1999 De Rosa - Planet - Aluminio

Comments

• dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Hargroves Cycles do 0% finance.

You may get a better deal if you buy it outright. I got a 29 month 0% Credit Card instead.
  • benjamess
    benjamess Posts: 159
    nearly every shop I know can offer a better deal if you steer yourself away from the 0% finance deal
  • diamonddog
    diamonddog Posts: 3,426
    Wiggle
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    get a halifax credit card 0% on purchases for 30 months - then choose a shop with the cheapest prices. divide the cost by 30 - and set up direct debit to make 30 payments...

A lot of 0% finance deals aren't actually 0% - the interest is built into the purchase price.
  • jlloyd
    jlloyd Posts: 131
    There's a bit here on 0% Credit cards and the best deals. As others have said, you'll get a better deal than shop credit. You'll also get more choice.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit ... edit-cards

*Never borrow more than you can afford to pay back
  • kingrollo
    kingrollo Posts: 3,198
    JLloyd wrote:
    There's a bit here on 0% Credit cards and the best deals. As others have said, you'll get a better deal than shop credit. You'll also get more choice.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/credit ... edit-cards

*Never borrow more than you can afford to pay back

*Unless the bike is really nice
  • imafatman
    imafatman Posts: 351
    Most of these finance are through a couple of companies (e.g. V12 Finance)

One thing to be careful is that when the 0% run outs - or the payment holiday - the APR is massive.

So if you take a 0% no payment for 12 months or whatever, make sure you actually pay it off before those 12 months are up.
  • Definitely agree with the above. I managed to get a 15% discount on a brand new Giant Defy bike (2017) - was offered by 2 different (local) shops but both specified that the 0% Finance they were offering through V12 would not be available.
  • Shops of course want you to use a finance agreement they get a percentage. Like others have mentioned sort a 0% credit card with your bank etc divide the payments as a direct debit. Just make sure you don't go over the 0% lending period !
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    A mate showed an interest in VW Golf at a official dealer and when he enquired about a cash price he was told the ticketed price was for finance and paying cash would have been more.

Seriously fucked up.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • bernithebiker
    bernithebiker Posts: 4,148
    Slowmart wrote:
    A mate showed an interest in VW Golf at a official dealer and when he enquired about a cash price he was told the ticketed price was for finance and paying cash would have been more.

Seriously farked up.

There's a rumour that cars are the next sub-prime.

So many have been sold on finance or on leasing that if it goes tits up, it'll collapse like a house of cards.

This is in the US and the UK. Also the huge amount of leasing deals that will expire in 2 to 3 years time will put large amounts of vehicles onto the 2nd hand market at a 'guaranteed' price, but if supply exceeds demand, who will be buying them?
  • slowmart
    It depends if manufacturers throttle back on production to support the resale value more. But that would kill the dividend to shareholders who incentivise the execs to up the profit, despite stoking the problem for other poor git to pick up the pieces and bail out again. Then again look at GM, without a profit for more than a decade and propped up by the US tax payer and sold with a heavily incentivised deal.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Websta24
    Websta24 Posts: 162
    Ive bought a couple of bits from Tredz and the most annoying things is that they charge for returns....Then when you do return stuff it takes them 2 weeks to process that return!!
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    benjamess wrote:
    nearly every shop I know can offer a better deal if you steer yourself away from the 0% finance deal

Oh I don't know. Some retailers offering 0% terms will also do price match. :wink:
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • slowmart
    Websta24 wrote:
    Ive bought a couple of bits from Tredz and the most annoying things is that they charge for returns....Then when you do return stuff it takes them 2 weeks to process that return!!

I've only used these guys once and they were exceptional. In that i changed the delievry from a free service to next day and they held the price.

i'm easily pleased but I havent used online since but would use these these gents/ladies again.

Desmond Tutu
  • StillGoing
    StillGoing Posts: 5,211
    I've used Tredz to buy my winter trainer/turbo bike and they were very good. My only gripe is that they won't send bikes un-assembled as I was stripping mine of everything to build it with the components I wanted. It's their policy though, presumably for insurance purposes, that bikes are assembled and checked by them before sending on to the customer. Its policy so I can't complain and just meant an extra couple of hours work is all. Their pricing against other retailers, even with 0% was the cheapest. They aren't the cheapest all of the time however.
    I ride a bike. Doesn't make me green or a tree hugger. I drive a car too.
  • Websta24 wrote:

Currently going through a faulty bike return to Tredz. I have spoken with them on phone on a number of occasions and they are very polite. Have told them I want a refund as the fork was faulty and they seem unsure if it can be repaired but it goes into their workshop for evaluation next week.

I will be insisting on a refund as I am looking for a replacement bike but they do not have an alternative that appeals to me in my size.

Distance buying regulations means they have to refund within 14 calendar days of receiving the item back.

Top points on all areas for Tredz so far, lets see if the refund comes through in the 14 calendar days! :)
  • I've bought things from Tredz outright (accessories only) and they seem a decent retailer.

Wheelbase from Staveley north of Kendal do 0% finance on bikes. Terms depends on price of bike.
  • Rutland cycles offer 0%, I just bought my new bike from them using it. Excellent service.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    Hargrove Cycles offer up to 36 months 0% finance.
  • Slowmart wrote:

Seriously farked up.

There's a rumour that cars are the next sub-prime.

So many have been sold on finance or on leasing that if it goes tits up, it'll collapse like a house of cards.

This is in the US and the UK. Also the huge amount of leasing deals that will expire in 2 to 3 years time will put large amounts of vehicles onto the 2nd hand market at a 'guaranteed' price, but if supply exceeds demand, who will be buying them?

Funny you should say that, I've been doing a study on this for my work, exact same as you point out, the used car market has potential for next subprime due to next to no credit checks being done, massive finance agreements been sloshed about and a dying 2nd hand market as everyone is jumping on pcp/leasing deals. I can say, with a fair bit of research, that these finance deals ARE toxic. The second hand car market is now starting to be flooded as the first big surge on the pcp deals are now starting to come to and end and new contracts and cars are being signed up to. On other hand, if you are in search of a second han car then there should be plenty good deals available as dealerships now start to offload these returned cars. Sorry for going sideways from topic.
    Anyway, yes, if possible do not got with bike shop 0% credit, get yourself a 0% credit card and as the shop for their best buy outright deal. I got £200 knocked off a £2k bianchi doing just this
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I would argue. If you cant buy it outright you cant afford it. exception houses sometimes.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • redvision
    redvision Posts: 2,958
    I would argue. If you cant buy it outright you cant afford it. exception houses sometimes.

But it can also be argued that the existing capitalist system depends/relies on credit.... despite the boom and bust cycle.
  • I recently bought a Canondale Synapse Ultegra disc 2017 from Evans, well September.
    It was listed as £2699 retail and here in the Isle of Man would have had to pay very close to that and no free finance, ordered one to pick up in Liverpool and enquired about the 0% finance, yes they could do it, and the bike was on offer for £1999, I was in Liverpool anyway as part of a holiday so no special trip, Evans cant deliver some brands to the Island, I think due to manufacturers restrictions.

Anyway called in to collect, finance took 10 mins to set up and away I went.... £200 worth of clothing thrown in free too, got home and noticed the seat post was cosmetically damaged, only paint and sticker no structural, it had been pushed into the frame without the clamp slackened off sufficiently, emailed Evans and requested a new post, they couldnt supply so gave me a £200 gift voucher, excluding the free clothes I paid £1699 for a retail price of £2699, I couldnt get near that deal with cash or card
  • sorry bad maths... £1799
  • Ben6899
    Ben6899 Posts: 9,686
    You went on holiday to Liverpool?
    Ben

Bikes: Donhou DSS4 Custom | Condor Italia RC | Gios Megalite | Dolan Preffisio | Giant Bowery '76
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/ben_h_ppcc/
    Flickr: https://www.flickr.com/photos/143173475@N05/
  • mrfpb
    mrfpb Posts: 4,569
    I got my last bike from Edinburgh Bike Co-op on 12 months interest free. It was during their sale weekend when everything was 15% off. No issues or exclusions on the 0% deal at all. If your in the market for a bike this week, I'm sure some Black Friday discounts and 0% finance will be available from several retailers.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380

This.

Nina and I have nothing on credit but one of the houses.

If you can't pay for it on the spot or pay off the whole of the credit card instantly then you can't afford it.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.