Ribble 7005 Rear Mech Hanger

dee4life2005
dee4life2005 Posts: 773
edited March 2017 in Workshop
I got right-hooked by a car whilst on the cycle path a few weeks ago (they were coming out a driveway). I managed to stay on the bike, thankfully, but since then my gears have been a little hit/miss - this could be down to riding on mud covered roads or it could be the mech hanger has taken a slight knock but it looks square just by eye-balling it. I've got a new gear cableset on order, and have been trying to source the mech hanger just in case - always handy to have a spare anyway.

I've searched the internet for about 4 hours so far and haven't been able to find the mech hanger I need - plenty of 404-not-found from sites that did sell it but don't now :cry: Ribble don't seem to sell them anymore either - and 72 hours after posting a question they've still not responded.

Bit of a long shot, but has anyone purchased a hanger for a Ribble 7005 sportive frameset (http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-7005-sportive/) or happen to know where I can get one from ... :mrgreen:

Ta.

Comments

• keef66
    keef66 Posts: 13,123
    If you can't find one listed using those search terms, your best bet is take off the existing one and compare it physically with the pics online.

Or how about this...

http://www.ribblecycles.co.uk/ribble-r- ... #pid=25374
  • Man Of Lard
    Man Of Lard Posts: 903
    RING them - you know with a telephone... much much harder to ignore your question then.
  • keef66
    Or click on my link and order the thing? It appears to be in stock at Ribble, and for the bike in question...
  • Did try ringing them ... it just rang out, a couple of times.

Thanks Keef66 wouldn't you know I'd come across that through searching this morning, but it was still showing as out of stock earlier this afternoon ... sods law eh.

Turns out I probably don't need it now though ... cycling home from work tonight I was rear ended by a car, and the frame is twisted to hell so will be written off... (https://www.strava.com/activities/899080738) :(

Thanks for helping to search though.
  • keef66
    Christ! Sounds like the dozy sod could have been looking at his phone, not the road ahead. Wonder if the police will check his mobile / use.

Heal well and make sure you claim for everything
  • I think I saw the police go and check his brake pedal and found it to be functioning - so it doesn't appear to be brake failure and it wasn't his other assumption of the seat sliding back. When I thought back last night I did wonder if maybe he'd been on his phone or something as the traffic lights had been at stop for quite a while - wasn't like they'd just changed and the person at the front had stopped suddenly or anything. I'm just glad that I'm fine and it wasn't my "good" bike.

Would hope that the police would check for mobile phone use - especially now that it carries a greater punishment - but I'm not convinced they will considering that there were no injuries as such.

Already have a list of everything - even the Garmin 520 which appears to be fine, but with an embedded flash memory who knows after it dismounting the bike.