Product design feedback, PLEASE HELP

10dav15
10dav15 Posts: 5
edited March 2017 in Workshop
Hi,
I'm a A Level Product Design student making a bike rack. Any feedback on the finished product would be great to add into my evaluation pages. The deadline is Tuesday so anything quick would be great. It is supposedly a product made for Rapha so stuff to do with the image of Rapha and RCC would be good as well.

This is the initial design brief: The product will be a form of bike rack or holder. This will not only store a bike but accessories as well. The needs of the user require the product to be as small as possible whilst also taking advantage of the small floor spaces available.

You can have a look at the pictures on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 7693213103

Thanks

Comments

• joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    Nice concept. I like the idea of being able to store kit so closely to where I store my bike. At the moment I have kit stored across several plastic boxes in and around the area where my bike is located. Depending on what I need it can be a big waste of time tracking down the boxes and finding the bits I need. Of course I could be better organised with what I have, but I'm a sucker for stuff that does that for me ;)
  • Alex99
    Alex99 Posts: 1,407
    10dav15 wrote:
    Hi,
    I'm a A Level Product Design student making a bike rack. Any feedback on the finished product would be great to add into my evaluation pages. The deadline is Tuesday so anything quick would be great. It is supposedly a product made for Rapha so stuff to do with the image of Rapha and RCC would be good as well.

This is the initial design brief: The product will be a form of bike rack or holder. This will not only store a bike but accessories as well. The needs of the user require the product to be as small as possible whilst also taking advantage of the small floor spaces available.

You can have a look at the pictures on this link:

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid ... 7693213103

Thanks

Looks tidy enough. Will it sit flush to a wall without fouling the handlebars? Did you seek user input at the design phase?
  • 10dav15
    10dav15 Posts: 5
    No the handle bars are generally wider than the rack so it has to be slighlty away from the wall.
    and yes i had lots of interviews with both cyclists and Rapha during design
  • joenobody
    joenobody Posts: 563
    10dav15 wrote:
    No the handle bars are generally wider than the rack so it has to be slighlty away from the wall.
    and yes i had lots of interviews with both cyclists and Rapha during design
    Would be better if it was able to sit flush against the wall. Wouldn't even need to be that deep (the unit) if the wheel mount was closer to the front of the unit. I'd be concerned that I'd lose stuff down the back, although that might not be so much of an issue if it was far enough away from the wall, but still not ideal...