best bike for a grand?

pip001
pip001 Posts: 133
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
hi,looking to upgrade from my aging allez.just wondering whats out there for about a grand.size is small so not a lot out there in the sales.sportiveish type frame.thanks for the help.

Comments

• pip001
    hi.looked for a cube but smallest frame i could find was a 56 unfortunately.
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Rose and Canyon are good at that price.

Specialized Allez ditto. BTwin do some knockout bikes under £1k.
  • Boardman and b'twin both offer good value in the under £1000 range, but you're unlikely to find a frame that is spectacularly better than the allez in that price bracket, personally i'd be more tempted to put the money into upgrading the group and wheels on the frame you already have.
  • pip001
    thanks for the replies.been having a look and kind off came up with three.ribble gran fondo 105 at £879.boardman pro £1080 with discounts maybe.cube attain race ultegra £999 .I do like the look of the cube.any thoughts?
  • Michael-B
    Michael-B Posts: 46
    edited March 2017
    I've looked about in that price range quite a bit and to me the Btwin Alur 720 looks the best. Decent aluminium frame with a lifetime warranty, carbon fork, great groupset, good wheels and seat. The only downside is the position of the back brake and bar tape (but you can fix that for a fiver).

http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/reviews/ ... tra-720-af
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Keep the Allez and maybe spend the money on a new group or wheelset. Whatever you spend £1k on will not be significantly better - just newer.