Which Cycleops?

pbassred
pbassred Posts: 208
I'm sure I could spend a bucket load of cash and still get it wrong. However, I have loads of things to do besides cycling, and I don't want to be training in the dark, Luckily I have a courtyard (well, a sort of large semi roofed paved porch really). So for my first trainer I have been looking at reviews of the Cycleops fluids. The power meter arrives next week so a dumb trainer will be fine at my level. This is where my Googlefu is defeated and my eyes hurt. I see:
Tempo fluid (Lots of shops sell them but not on the Cyclops website)
Fluid 2 (more resistance and money )
Jet fluid (Fancier tubing and the fan is ducted - to cool the resistance unit?)

According to the reviews, they are all wonderful entry level trainers. Can anyone set me straight?

Comments

• courtmed
    courtmed Posts: 164
    I had a Jetfluid Pro until recently (only sold it as my new bike didn't fit on with thru axles!) and, as far as dumb trainers go, it was great. Would definitely recommend one of them.
  • mellex
    mellex Posts: 214
    I have the Cycleops Fluid 2. It's a sturdy piece of kit that's dead easy to set up and pack away if you have limited space. Resistance settings are far from scientific in their accuracy but theres plenty of room for adjustment.
  • chadders81
    chadders81 Posts: 744
    Fluid 2 is a good piece of kit. Mine is coming up four years.

Trainerroad power curve was waaaay out but I'm using a PM now so I don't care (I'm putting out better numbers than I thought).