Hope seatposts and cockpit

MrT
MrT Posts: 260
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
About to put together my 'dale evo six...never ventured into carbon seatposts before but like the look of the Hope one...seems pretty robust for a 95kg rider. Any experiences, thoughts or better suggestions? Similarly upfront torn between Deda/Fiziik (bull version)/Zipp...sticking with alloy here...like the look of Zipp but see they measure their bars from the hoods curvature...as a 44cm bar rider would this give a ridiculous flare. Any advice much appreciated...in the old days it was simple...Cinelli all the way.

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,787
    MrT wrote:
    About to put together my 'dale evo six...never ventured into carbon seatposts before but like the look of the Hope one...seems pretty robust for a 95kg rider. Any experiences, thoughts or better suggestions? Similarly upfront torn between Deda/Fiziik (bull version)/Zipp...sticking with alloy here...like the look of Zipp but see they measure their bars from the hoods curvature...as a 44cm bar rider would this give a ridiculous flare. Any advice much appreciated...in the old days it was simple...Cinelli all the way.

Deda Zero 100 for bars and stem. Great value and found on loads of pro bikes.
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    I broke my Hope alloy seatpost. I must have weighed all of 70kg then... I think the carbon actually looks stronger.
  • MrT
    MrT Posts: 260
    Fenix wrote:
    I broke my Hope alloy seatpost. I must have weighed all of 70kg then... I think the carbon actually looks stronger.
    Woah....not filling me with confidence.