Surrey Hills - linking Summer lightening

gregwari
gregwari Posts: 230
edited March 2017 in Routes
Hi

Done Surrey Hills once, heading back there Friday for round 2. Going to do the same route as below:

Start Peaslake, head up on a route to the top of Holmsbury Hill
Yogurt Pots
Telegraph (???)
More singletrack...
Barry knows best
Back to Peaslake

Where / how do you link in Summer lightening??... or any other good trails of note!

Thanks

Comments

• Monty Dog
    Monty Dog Posts: 20,614
    From the top of Holmbury Hill, drop down into Holmbury St Mary, straight across the crossroads and after a short bit, there's a bridleway that'll take you to the top of Leith Hill / Summer Lightning - you can continue all the way down into Westcott and climb your way back up on bridleways / doubletrack to the top of Leith and then head back towards the top of Holmbury Hill.
    Make mine an Italian, with Campagnolo on the side..
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    It's a bit more involved than that but Summer Lightning is on Leith Hill. Not sure it will work, but this is my route from a few weks ago. It's one of my regular rides.

https://www.strava.com/activities/879137010

Holmbury is pretty limited. Most of the better stuff is on Pitch Hill and Winterfold. But you relly need to go with someone who knows the place to find it.

We regularly ride up there - I live at the bottom so if you want to join in any time you're welcome. FB link in my sig.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools