First road bike - advice please

northlondonben
northlondonben Posts: 2
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
Hello all,

Apologies for the novice question but I'm looking to buy my first road bike (I currnetly have a Ridgeback hybrid) and am choosing between three options.

They are the B'Twin Triban 540, the Cube Attain Pro and the Specialized Allez E5.

It's for a weekly leisure ride of 40-50 miles and occasional commuting in London. My budget is around £650.

I'm leaning towards the Triban because of the superior gears and wheels but would really appreciate any advice as well as feedback from anyone with experience of any of these bikes.

Thanks very much.

Comments

• rubertoe
    rubertoe Posts: 3,994
    Triban. Because of what you said.
    "If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got."

PX Kaffenback 2 = Work Horse
    B-Twin Alur 700 = Sundays and Hills
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Usually I would say most decent groupsets do the job and any stock wheels will eventually be replaced so neither should determine a selection. I have an E5 (2011) and think it makes a very good bike when built up (I just bought a frameset and run some excellent wheels and a 6500/4500/4700 combo groupset). However, the spec for the Allez and Btwin look like poles apart. 105 & Aksiums vs Claris and unbadged rollers.

I would plump for the Btwin, looks a blinking steal!