Canyon - happy customer, couple of suggestions

WheelMeals
WheelMeals Posts: 86
edited March 2017 in Road buying advice
So many negative forums posts on Canyon thought would post my experience. As my first (and unlikely my last) Canyon arrived this week, ordered from a model that was in stock on website and arrived 7 days later (actually a week earlier than stated on estimated arrival time) from DHL fully tracked every step of the way from Germany.

Set up was relatively simply, had one issue with QRM+ Through Axle lever, as wasn't immediately clear how to remove the back wheel's lever, but aside from that easily the best money I've spent in a long time, and frankly love the stealthy black German beauty.

Suggestions: Canyon if you're listening - I'm all for work life balance, but you're running a pretty large operation and not having Customer Services working weekends is false economy imo (also I'd gauge when demand is highest from folks setting up/riding issues etc). Also more set up videos, probably one for every single bike would be an idea (an unofficial one YouTube was actually what helped me out in the end)

Other than that absolutely love it, and will probably get a winter bike at end of season.

Comments

• clc2005
    clc2005 Posts: 186
    I concur completely. In-stock Ultimate CF SLX Frameset ordered 05 Feb 17 paid for 12 Feb 17, shipped 14 Feb 17 and finally delivered 2 days later on the 16 Feb 17.

Also, I arranged for the Integrated H36 Aerocockpit to be swapped from a 100mm to a 110mm, which took 8 days from sending an email request to Canyon UK to receiving the Bars. I just need to courier the original ones back to Canyon, no biggie.

Really pleased with the design and quality of the frameset, but knew what to expect as I had a 2014 Ultimate CF SLX.

Chris
  • I am loving the integrated cockpit for sure, though need new light, computer mounts ; )