sungod Posts: 17,116
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

office, coffee, stuff, who knows or dares to dream
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Tired and it's hissing down, I intend to do absolutely nothing at all today. Nada. Nil nowt. You will be paying me to sit on my backside drinking coffee.

And for that I offer you props.

Word.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Have done nothing so far, so day proceeding as planned.

Huzzah!

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    I've done some stuff, but I'm trying not to overdo it. Got in for half seven and was relieved to find the power was on at least. Although the lights have tripped off a couple of times so far. Replacing the old boards with newer trip switches has revealed various failings in the old wiring which will now need rectifying. No other sod bothers when the lights go out so I have to go and flip the trip every now and then. General attitude of "it's not my job" that irritates the hell out of me. The damned fools would rather sit in darkness than get off their aris's and actually do something.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,231
    Typical weather, yesterday it chucked it down and now I'm in my office it's sunny. Grrrr...

Anyway, not much planned for today other than a run after work I think.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • Matthewfalle
    So, developments on my day.

Did nothing at work - huzzah. Left early as I couldn't be bothered.

New trainers for sloooching have arrived - well cool, really comfy. Really surprising and very recommended as sloooching shoes. Shockingly good purchase on my part.

Remains of yesterday's roast dinner warming up now, so nosh that then chill with the Bambini.

Ciao for now.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Monday, I am still half dead, builders around the house later, bet I'll love the drilling and hammering.

Anyway weekend in Manchester done, Arsenal lost. Can't complain really.

Going to try and find somewhere warm in April for the sun and cycling, any suggestions, pref a hotel with a a proper spa to keep the Date occupied and my ears in one piece

oh another point, is it worth sending someone a message regarding a new car wing mirror case before shelling out £50 quid for the painted version
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    what new trainers? bought with tax payers money? So Stevo didn't contribute.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stacked logs then went for coffee and cappuccino mousse cake. Yummy!!
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

Just a pair of Karrimor Duma DNA for doing nothing but going to the gym and skooooching round in - they are sold as a running shoe but not sure if I'd risk running for a bus in them (although they do get good running shoe reviews). Nice and light, well comfy and are that thing where it's like a big sock to put on then you lace them up.

TDV bought me some On Cloudflow the other day following recommendations from the local tri club - https://www.on-running.com/en-us/produc ... taxon_id=2 - now they look like they will be well nice to run in: duathlon on Sunday will be their first test.

Imagine Stacey Dooley wearing On Cloudlows......... I love Stacey Dooley. I want to marry her. TDSDWOCF .......

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    Flâneur wrote:

And yes, purchased with tax payers money, so thank you very much. I shall think of you and TDSDWOCF a I skooooooch around.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084
    Herro evelybody peeps.

I am mowstly bin doing plasta bowding.

Soon, I shall submit a post about all the fraudsters in BB!

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 17,116
    purchased with tax payers money, so thank you very much. I shall think of you and TDSDWOCF a I skooooooch around.

think of all those poor nurses, teachers and firemen who're paying for them

makes me feel even better about tax avoidance
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 60,589
    Too busy for my liking, only about to escape shortly. Head hurts from lots of complicated things - normally I'd have a drink but sleep seems like a good option just now...

Also the sodding DPF warning light came on yesterday in may car - have a feeling it could be expensive...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Also the sodding DPF warning light came on yesterday in may car - have a feeling it could be expensive...
    Put electrical tape over it
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,624
    Yay it's seano!
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Just put the dumplings in the stew...
  • Matthewfalle
    sungod wrote:
    purchased with tax payers money, so thank you very much. I shall think of you and TDSDWOCF a I skooooooch around.

I am as I skoooch around in them. Thank you teachers, firepeople and nurses of GB.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 52,084
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Too busy for my liking, only about to escape shortly. Head hurts from lots of complicated things - normally I'd have a drink but sleep seems like a good option just now...

"There are several reason why the DPF light can come on, besides emissions related issues it also acts as a service indicator, if the oil is changed and the ecu is not reset it will put the car in limp mode, if the oil level on the dipstick is up to the X mark the DPF light will flash and the car will go into limp mode.
    Not many garages have the right machine to reset the Mazda ecu, so it'll be interesting to see how they get on!
    It's not only Mazda that are having issues with the DPF system, it's all new diesels! in one way or an other they all have problems, including my friends new Jag which has broke down 6 time in 8 weeks with DPF problems, they really don't like short trips and low revs. If your going to use the car for a lot of local runs and short trips you'd be better of with a petrol motor!."

http://forum.mazda6club.com/2-0-diesel/ ... ution.html
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • team47b
    team47b Posts: 6,425
    sungod wrote:

I am as I skoooch around in them. Thank you teachers, firepeople and nurses of GB.

As I pay tax in the U.K. as a reverse non dom tax avoidance/evasion scheme (ask Stevo) I probably paid for the the aiglets, if in fact your modern leisure footwear has laces, so I would liked to be thanked too please.
    my isetta is a 300cc bike
  • Matthewfalle
    team47b wrote:
    sungod wrote:

As I pay tax in the U.K. as a reverse non dom tax avoidance/evasion scheme (ask Stevo) I probably paid for the the aiglets, if in fact your modern leisure footwear has laces, so I would liked to be thanked too please.

Thank you very much for my laces. They are bright orange. In fact TDV said that they were "mmmm, very bright" when I first slipped into their warm suppleness. I think she is just jealous and is scared of the fact that TDSDWOCF will be bashing the front door of Casa MF down in order to get her hands on my new skooooochers and allow me to bash her back door in.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Matthewfalle
    In fact, I'm going to call them my "Euro skoooochers" as I think they have a certain Italian barista meets derelicte look about them.

De Sisti wrote:

smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.