edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
'ning

bloody rain again

cafes, ride, hose down
my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny

Comments

• tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Was dry when I woke up but decided to have a cuppa before running and it's now trying to flood the river further

Today after the run will be mostly jobs, with sneaking a ride on the fun bike later

After that will be a Sunday roast and a visit to the local
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Heading out for a ride.

It will be wet.

My winter boots will fill up with water.

The remains of the day will be taken up with relaxing with red wine, cooking and music.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No rain. Making breakfast for me and the kids. Heading out for a ride at ten, back in time for lunch
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Half decent lie in, as nothing to miss outside - its orrible. Most proper jobs done yesterday including a pension top up to generate next year's tax refund :) so may just do a few car related bits n bob's today.

Coffee and lounging for now...
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Morning folks,
    Traditional slow start is being enjoyed, feeling marginally more human this morning. Off out to watch the lad play rugby later. Last home match as a youth squad so there is a bit of booze and cake after.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Sun is out. Even looks quite pleasant out there. Must get sorted, then soft play area, then shopping, then... What an exciting life I lead. Hopefully the OH will finish early and I can go pedal.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    2.5 hours of being rained on, that wasn't so bad, surprisingly nasty wind though

on the plus side it was mostly headwind outbound, the speed return was prodigious

much hosing down was required
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Garry H
    60 miles before lunch, nice. Stopped for a few minutes and chatted to a squadron of tandem riders and thought, " what a great way to .spend a sunday morn!".

Making chicken noodle soup now, then clean my shite encrusted bike.
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Lazy day today. Just spent the best part of two hours prepping a fish pie so better be worth it. Hoping to watch some athletic bottoms this afternoon before a family film.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Garry H
    I need new shades now. My nine year rudy projects finally died on me today.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    I need new shades now. My nine year rudy projects finally died on me today.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Bolle-CONTPSF ... rkt%3D1%26

They look good. They are robust. They are cheap so you won't be worried about loosing them or breaking them.
  • Garry H
    Do they have bendy arms? Ie can they be bent down the way?
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    Well that was a rugby match. Missed the kick off by a few minutes, they had a minutes silence as one of the seniors first team had a jam attack and died on pitch yesterday. Match started scrappy and carried on that way. One of our number broke his collarbone 10 minutes in, another got KO'd later and one carried off having damaged his knee. A full on brawl erupted at one point to complete the picture. Thankfully they won after all that.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Do they have bendy arms? Ie can they be bent down the way?

They have bendy arms but just 'cos they're flexible, not 'cos they are hinged. Been using them for over 10 years. They do clear one's and Polaroid which really reduce glare but they are 30 to 40 odd quid. Prices have rocketed since I last bought them. Polaroid one's were about £27 and the plain dark one's about £7.50. Anyway, I used to write them off as an expense as they are 'safety glasses'.
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Match started scrappy and carried on that way. One of our number broke his collarbone 10 minutes in, another got KO'd later and one carried off having damaged his knee. A full on brawl erupted at one point to complete the picture.

...and as the Australians would add "...but no one was hurt".