team47b Posts: 6,425
edited March 2017 in The bottom bracket
Comes round quick, don't it :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,331
    Not quick enough.
    Trying to get an appointment at the quacks as this poxy cough is getting worse, I can hardly breathe.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    'ning

lazy day, decided to claw back some of the excess hours globalmegacorp has had the benefit of, think i shall do some holiday research

hope your cough improves, can certainly be one of the more miserable 'minor' illnesses

if the persistent tummy twinges since germany don't go away i think i'll be seeking audience with one of the local docs, on the plus side some of them are rather lovely ladies and online booking means one gets to choose
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Nice slow start as the youngest rug rat has his 10th birthday today

He loves his football bounce net and I hate my foot which was damaged by one of the poles falling in it whilst we built it last night

Cycled into a local branch so happy, later is the joys of ferkin pizza hut as that's where he has chosen to go
  • veronese68
    Got an appointment to see a quack at 5pm, only took about 10 minutes of hanging on the phone. This does mean it will eat into a bit of the sneaky pub time with the Mrs, but I'm sure we'll cope. Haven't managed to pedal in once this week as I am really struggling to breathe any more than at resting pace.
    Fryday means cafe for lunch with the added benefit of it being cake Friday. I've had words with marketing as it's their turn to get the cakes. Cake means cake, not a selection of savouries. Sushi is not cake FFS!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Not quick enough.
    Trying to get an appointment at the quacks as this poxy cough is getting worse, I can hardly breathe.
    You're not coughing again again! :shock:
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • veronese68
    seanoconn wrote:
    Hasn't been a day this year I haven't been coughing, got worse this week. I'm sick to death of it, as is everybody around me.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Soggy one this morning looks like its set in for the day. Usual Friday activities ensue, debating Chinese takeaway etc. Important stuff this.
  • Mikey23
    Mikey23 Posts: 5,306
    Mizzy old friday. Not helped by having to get off my arras and do some work. Getting over chesty cough here. Not pleasant...
  • sungod
    Veronese68 wrote:
    seanoconn wrote:
    Hasn't been a day this year I haven't been coughing, got worse this week. I'm sick to death of it, as is everybody around me.

coughing like it's 1899?

tb
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    I seem to have inadvertently joined a running club... How the flip did that happen??

Wooo, Friday. These solid oak doors are taking an age to do so I've brough some into the workshop so one of the lads can speed things up by routing out the hinges, all of this traditional tap tap tap with a chisel is draging me down. Time to machine the crap out of them instead.

Park run (see item 1 above) tomorrow which is supposed to be one of the worst in the country and hopefully some pedal action over the weekend but we shall see.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • sungod
    so next you'll be...

running into the road without looking
    running in the road with your back to oncoming traffic
    running in cycle lanes

...are you insured? you should pay road tax! get on the pavement! etc. etc.

:)
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Cold morning. Sinuses are all blocked tae feck and I've had a headache since wednesday.

No work til thursday though :D
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,420
    Busy day at work watching the European indoor athletics championships.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Packing kit getting ready to go away so basically walking around pretending to be busy. It constantly surprises me how much junk I have to cart around clogging up my life.

Time for elevenses and coffee then a weights sesh.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    Left nice and early this morning to drive 2 hours up the road to look at some trees with two other professional tree-looker-at-ers. Had a good look at some trees, they looked a lot like trees, we had a discussion about how large they were then I dove home via burgerking for lunch. Now I feel bad.

The GF is away tonight and tomorrow night so I'm going to mess about with a chainsaw this evening then ride mountain bikes both days as I have a mate staying over. Not sure we will make it up to Dunkeld on sunday if my drinking plans come to fruition but we shall see
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Not good VN, not good. A week in the sun with lashings of good food and wine and sex would help. I'd ease up on the sex bit if it's that difficult to breathe. Maybe she should go on top.

Finished early today. I'm farked. Long weekend with toots ahead and then back to it on Monday.. What a life.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    No sign of Stevo? Could he be the accountant involved in the Hollywood bollox the other night, and is now in hiding?
  • veronese68
    Been to the quacks and been given antibiotics. Needed something but don't like taking antibiotics. Hopefully I'll start to improve soon.
  • homers_double
    homers_double Posts: 8,028
    Take them or MTFU or eat loads of broccoli
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • veronese68
    I am taking them, but after trying to mtfu and getting worse I will be grumpy and moan about it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Garry H wrote:
    No sign of Stevo? Could he be the accountant involved in the Hollywood bollox the other night, and is now in hiding?
    If I'd been in charge of that I'd have put 'Debbie Does Dallas' in the envelope.

Another busy day spent playing around with scary large numbers. But a 2 day weeks can't be too bad. And the lergy is nearly beaten, just a pity I've got shed loads to do this weekend.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Veronese68 wrote:
    I am taking them, but after trying to mtfu and getting worse I will be grumpy and moan about it.

More grumpy than usual?

Daughter is doing okay by the sounds of things, I thought that would cancel any out any ailments. Besides, anti-biotics work. You'll be feeling even more sh1t tomorrow and the next day before they kick in and are swirling around in your system. Look on the bright side, I take 1000mg of Phenoxymethyl Penicillin every day and i'm proud of my level of grumpiness.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!