SKS Raceblade PRO XL fitment screw

goldenbolux
goldenbolux Posts: 48
edited March 2017 in Workshop
hi there

I am among the few who have purchased the excellent value cube attain gtc pro disc and plan to use this as my winter bike

I normally don't go out much on my road bike when its wet and prefer to keep them and go out on the cycleways intead on my cyclocross when its raining.

I have purchased a set of SKS Raceblade PRO XL to fit

they seem to fit well but just at the end of the fitment I read that there is 4 little screws that fit the blades to the arms

this seems that this will be a permanent fix. I have heard of others swapping from bike to bike, will this affect the ability to swap bikes.

do people fit them or are they ok without

thanks for any help in this matter

Comments

• I've got a set of raceblade pros on my bike, the arms are held with Allen bolts once you've set the length / angles you want and the small screws hold the plastic U end of the stays to the guards themselves. I haven't fitted mine yet but they seem happy enough without them.
  • so you havent fitted the little screws either ???

thats what i was wondering, i dont really want to fit them and then try to swap these onto another bike and find that the rear stays are a different angle and the length may be far too short

thanks
  • Hairsy
    Hairsy Posts: 16
    I have these mudguards on my single speed.

I have fitted the screws to avoid the guards moving as I go over bumps. If you don't screw them in too tightly, they don't actually go all the way through the mudguard so there would be nothing to stop you moving them to a different place if you did change bike later.

If you're going to change them over to other bikes regularly then maybe it would be better to leave them off but I would expect vibration to move them over time - its only a friction fit.

My suggestion would be to use them.
  • gazza1286
    gazza1286 Posts: 45
    Another consideration for these guards is the rubber straps to secure the arms onto the forks and seat stays. I've dispensed with those altogether. Taping onto the frame using electrical tape gives a far better result. I found that I was forever adjusting the guards to prevent wheel rub as the straps kept slipping ever so slightly no matter what I did.