sungod Posts: 16,556
    gym gymned, off to cafe

wfh and then wtdf
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,549
    seanoconn wrote:
    there's a ski resort in Middlesbrough!? :shock:
    If you chuck enough chip fat on the slag heaps you can slide down them. Using unemployed Smoggies to tow you to the top of course, none of this uphilll rubbish.

On train - possible long day ahead as I was slag heap surfing yesterday. Plus a furniture delivery to make after my selling bonanza yesterday.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I too was confused momentarily, well done Sloppy.
    Actually managed to wobble in this morning for the first time in about a week. Quite a pleasant morning for a ride, certainly too pleasant to be in work. Lad is off to Tenerife today, I'm sure he'll have a great time. I just need to stop the Mrs fretting too much whilst he's gone. Might actually be some food left in the fridge for more than a couple of hours after we go shopping. About time I was made a cup of tea, I've got the biscuits ready.
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Why not be green eh,

already been in the office too long, managed a quick drive in today, lucky with lights and lack of slow drivers I guess. Dropped off the neighbors' child at school with a bag of sweets. Not my child.

Bike hire sorted for one of the summer vacations. Day of tennis and TDF on the spare screens. may screen a call or two. Big report to write, anyone fancy it?

Soil leveled and lawn arrives tomorrow. Once that job is done I can move onto the drive and path. On that note, FAO Pinno after a discussion last week, pics of those gas/water points https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ayw4cyn6acrx ... df2-a?dl=0

Anyway, hope everyone here is good and MRS is still positive

PS V68, hardly the most debaucherous place in the world for the lad, you should have helped him out and sent him somewhere MF and Seano hang out
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • veronese68
    Flâneur wrote:
    V68, hardly the most debaucherous place in the world for the lad, you should have helped him out and sent him somewhere MF and Seano hang out
    Strange as it may sound I think that's why they chose it. Group of 18 year old lads didn't want to go to a place where all the English act like complete cnuts. So avoided the predictable lads destinations.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,364
    Flâneur wrote:
    Soil leveled and lawn arrives tomorrow. Once that job is done I can move onto the drive and path. On that note, FAO Pinno after a discussion last week, pics of those gas/water points https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ayw4cyn6acrx ... df2-a?dl=0

Straight forward then. Lift the 'crazy paving', excavate, put a membrane down*, add hardcore, compress hardcore, add gravel and bring the gravel up to and flush with the level of the services.
    Is there a run off?
    *Concrete is an option. You can get imprinted concrete - it's dyed a colour of your choice (though pink would be considered contemporary). If done properly, looks great. If done badly, look 'orrible. No weeding, no grass in the cracks, can be pressure washed.
    Flâneur wrote:
    PS V68, hardly the most debaucherous place in the world for the lad, you should have helped him out and sent him somewhere MF and Seano hang out

Should have been Magaluf or somewhere in Romania. Seano said there are plenty of STD clinics in London.
    On the last point, MF is not right in the head and Seano, well...

I do like this recycling business. Perhaps I should do some of that. Hang on. No, i've thought about it enough.

Piddling down here. What's it like over there Gazza?
    What's it like down there Hoppy?

Update later.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • seanoconn
    seanoconn Posts: 11,416
    Flâneur wrote:
    you should have helped him out and sent him somewhere MF and Seano hang out
    The boy is welcome to help me at work and hang out with my wife and kids if he'd like. He'd have to be in bed by 8 though.
    Pinno, מלך אידיוט וחרא מכונאי
  • meanredspider
    meanredspider Posts: 12,337
    Day +12 and things are good. Counts are beginning to climb which should be a good sign and she seems pretty well in herself. Early days but positive.

More sitting about and then some TdF and tennis in parallel later.
    ROAD < Scott Foil HMX Di2, Volagi Liscio Di2, Jamis Renegade Elite Di2, Cube Reaction Race > ROUGH
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    Sugar free gummy bears I hope Flaneur? (google don't do image search for the sake of your mind)

Morning, work fun today as per, weird kid in the office who I had to speak to because he broke someone now wants to be my new best friend, complete with facebook stalker type friend request, linkedIn etc. Noped that hard.
    Home mini dog was sound asleep this morning when I came down bit of spontaneous toilet training as in puppy pad into the garden, seems to do the trick!
    So, office play with office dog, eat banana do something work related or avoid work an then go home.
  • hopkinb
    hopkinb Posts: 7,129
    Pinno wrote:

What's it like down there Hoppy?

Sunny & warm Pinno. Tailwindy for my journey northeast this morning, headwindy for my journey back southwest later.

Nothing to report here really, lunch and crossword will be the highlight of the day as ever, followed by the ride home. Just counting the days until we head off to Tenerife at the end of July. Anyone been to Tenerife and climbed the volcano on a bicycle?
  • Flâneur
    Pinno wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:

Straight forward then. Lift the 'crazy paving', excavate, put a membrane down*, add hardcore, compress hardcore, add gravel and bring the gravel up to and flush with the level of the services.
    Is there a run off?
    *Concrete is an option. You can get imprinted concrete - it's dyed a colour of your choice (though pink would be considered contemporary). If done properly, looks great. If done badly, look 'orrible. No weeding, no grass in the cracks, can be pressure washed.

I'll stick to the simple, lift it all, membrane then gravel. Was going to try and create a run off towards the rear house drain as it should be easy to slope everything that way and use the soil/gravel to soak the rest.

Like I know what I am doing with this stuff. All just a learning curve with google
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • pinno
    hopkinb wrote:
    Anyone been to Tenerife and climbed the volcano on a bicycle?

Sungod has. He has even talked to the cat.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Piddling down.
  • pinno
    What you having for lunch Gazza?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Cous cous and some salad.

Banana for later
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

teide is a popular climb, a few routes depending where you are, but wrong island for the tabby of timanfaya

http://www.cyclinglocations.com/teide-tenerife/

watching tdf, just had a steak and onion sandwich, and crisps, need to keep my energy up
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Flâneur wrote:
    V68, hardly the most debaucherous place in the world for the lad, you should have helped him out and sent him somewhere MF and Seano hang out
    Strange as it may sound I think that's why they chose it. Group of 18 year old lads didn't want to go to a place where all the English act like complete cnuts. So avoided the predictable lads destinations.
    You've never been to Playas de las Americas then? Me and the OH wandered into it by accident many years ago and decided that if wanted something just a Saturday night in Blackpool, that's where we'd go.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    hopkinb wrote:

teide is a popular climb, a few routes depending where you are, but wrong island for the tabby of timanfaya

I didn't say which cat you had spoken to.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    You've never been to Playas de las Americas then? Me and the OH wandered into it by accident many years ago and decided that if wanted something just a Saturday night in Blackpool, that's where we'd go.
    No, but I was under the impression there's a lot worse out there.
  • hopkinb
    Cheers SG. Costa Adeje for me. I guess bike hire and organised rides are relatively easy to find? Apparently if I take the kids to a water park I can then spend a day flogging myself up a volcano.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There is - I think Torremolinos and Cavos were the worst Med holidays I experienced. But Tenerife and the other big Canary Islands have their chavvy corners. Where in Tenerife is he off to btw?
  • Stevo_666
    edited July 2017
    hopkinb wrote:
    Cheers SG. Costa Adeje for me. I guess bike hire and organised rides are relatively easy to find? Apparently if I take the kids to a water park I can then spend a day flogging myself up a volcano.
    You can't ride up it - mostly steep scree slopes IIRC. The only way up is in a cable car - and it's over 3,700m up so quite amusing getting to the top and seeing women dressed for the beach getting visibly cold :P
  • sungod
    Pinno wrote:

ah, i see, you are perhaps referring to the reclusive abyssinian of adeje? whilst we have met, our conversation must remain confidential if catastrophe is to be averted
  • pinno
    sungod wrote:
    Pinno wrote:

ah, i see, you are perhaps referring to the reclusive abyssinian of adeje? whilst we have met, our conversation must remain confidential if catastrophe is to be averted

It must be quite a burden to carry all this information.
    Whatever you do, do not listen to Molly the Moggy of Merthyr. She's a liar.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    There is - I think Torremolinos and Cavos were the worst Med holidays I experienced. But Tenerife and the other big Canary Islands have their chavvy corners. Where in Tenerife is he off to btw?
    Play de las Americas, where else. :-)
    They did look at loads of places and some wanted more action, others less. Supposedly they settled on that as a bit of a compromise. That may have been more to placate their mothers of course. The Mrs said the group chat that some of the Mums are on is on fire today, all worrying about things they now have no control over. I can only rest assured the lad is not as much of an idiot as his father.
  • hopkinb
    They'll get pissed, chat up some girls, get a bit sunburned, learn a few lessons and have a great time. Mind you, in 12 years time when my daughter moots the idea of going away on holiday with a few mates, I will absolutely sh!t bricks. Filthy horny 18-21 year old lads everywhere with nothing on their minds except disgustingness and filth.
  • pinno
    Yup. When I think what went through my mind at that age... and I have 2 daughters.
  • veronese68
    I am NOT an equal opportunities parent. Great, off you go lad. If the daughter asks it will be a very different matter. The EPO keeps telling me I can't do that. Watch me.
  • Flâneur
    As long as one of the lads can pay bail and call for a lawyer, nowt much else matters
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Nice day out in a recently acquired business - when I say nice, the motorways were absolutely shoot

Later is chilled as the wife is avoiding calories pre holiday