exposure saddle rail light mount: little black loop thing?

ben-----
ben----- Posts: 573
edited March 2017 in Commuting chat
What's the little black loop thing supposed to be for which comes with Exposure's saddle rail mount for the TraceR? Is it supposed to go round the black plastic bit it's around when it's supplied new, plus the orange band's end? If so, it's impossible to get it to stay on. It just keeps rolling off again :(

Comments

• veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,324
    I thought a picture might help explain so had a quick Google to look at some images. Having done so I'm none the wiser.
    prod70080_IMGSET?wid=500&hei=505
    Ignoring it looks favourite to me.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    extra grip for the light perhaps
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    it is for a flare light which in doesn't have a lip at the back (like the tracer does) and could slip out of the grip; instead of a lip it had a channel into which you could place the o-ring which would then stop it coming out

Exposure-Flare-Rear-Light-Bike-Rear-Lights-AW14-EXPFLARE-0.jpg?w=430&h=430&a=7
  • ben-----
    imatfaal wrote:
    it is for a flare light which in doesn't have a lip at the back (like the tracer does) and could slip out of the grip; instead of a lip it had a channel into which you could place the o-ring which would then stop it coming out

Ah right, that sounds reasonable, yup. Be great if it said that in the packaging. When I asked this question here I also sent Exposure the same question, not answered yet, but maybe they'll confirm that answer soon. Thanks.
  • itboffin
    itboffin Posts: 20,052
    What i said innit
    Rule #5 // Harden The Feck Up.
    Rule #9 // If you are out riding in bad weather, it means you are a badass. Period.
    Rule #12 // The correct number of bikes to own is n+1.
    Rule #42 // A bike race shall never be preceded with a swim and/or followed by a run.
  • imatfaal
    imatfaal Posts: 2,716
    ben----- wrote:
    imatfaal wrote:

Ah right, that sounds reasonable, yup. Be great if it said that in the packaging. When I asked this question here I also sent Exposure the same question, not answered yet, but maybe they'll confirm that answer soon. Thanks.

Exposure are terrible at information / instructions. I picked up one of their front lights from Evans for a song and started trying to work out what was possible with it (it claimed 30 modes but with just one button I was flummoxed). No manual or instructions whatsoever - phoned them, emailed them, and searched their website; nothing. Eventually, I found a scanned copy of the manual on an American (?) resellers website. Amazing functionality revealed that I, and I reckon about 90pct of their clientele, never knew existed.
  • ben-----
    Indeed, I remember struggling with the Trace and TraceR's. Got it after finding some info somewhere, but what was supplied didn't explain at all. Didn't make it clear that the brightness is set first, a bit like preferences (or settings I think in Windows) in software, then having set that you go ahead, turn on, set to flashing or not.

Anyway, got a reply from them. Your Flare explanation: spot on.

Thanks all.