Caad 12 size?

Il Faraone
Il Faraone Posts: 6
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi

I'm looking to buy a used Caad 12 and got the option of the 50cm and 52cm version. I'm 173-174cm and flexible and usually should fit a 54cm but it looks like the Caad 12 is on the bigger side. I've looked at some pictures and it looks like you have to go down a size or two to get some seat post exposure.

Unfortunately I don't have the possibility to try the bikes. Therefor I'm asking for you opinion and maybe some of you also got the actual bike.

Cheers

Comments

• I'm 5'6" and I ride a 50 and 52 prefer the 50 out of the two.
    I would go with the 52 given your height, with the Cannondale's your still not going to get a massive amount of post showing.
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • You got the Caad 12 in both sized right? I know the geometry of the 12 is different from the geometry on the 10 for example.
  • 54 looks way to big IMO.
  • letap73
    letap73 Posts: 1,608
    Il Faraone wrote:
    You got the Caad 12 in both sized right? I know the geometry of the 12 is different from the geometry on the 10 for example.

Quite right the stack and reach figures for CAAD 12 are bigger than the CAAD 10 for the 54.
    Do you have the stack and reach figures for your current bike?
    This may give you some consideration towards the appropriate size.
  • The CAAD12 is not a relaxed geometry and will look big because it does not have a sloping top tube. Old school and better looking for it IMHO.

So if you do want a slightly more relaxed reach then get a smaller frame, you can always get a longer stem. Can't do anything with the bigger frame.