Focus raven

bluemoon81
bluemoon81 Posts: 71
edited November 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi looking at a focus raven 29er just wondered if anyone got one and what they think of them?
Living where I do it's hard to test ride one so seeing what people think?
Thanks

Comments

• The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A link to specs is traditional, firstly it saves us all searching, secondly they can have different specs in different markets.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • specs are nearly identical apart from one being sram 1x and other a mix of slx and xt so it was more how the frame feels and how they ride.

https://www.focus-bikes.com/gb_en/34790 ... elite.html

https://www.focus-bikes.com/gb_en/34792-raven-evo.html
  • The Rookie
    I have to say I think they are very poor value, having the entry Reba fork (the RL) on a bike that price is just taking the pi55, you'd at least want the RLT with its much better rebound damper and adjustable threshold. It also has a 12mm front axle which is more CX than MTB.

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/m ... e-pro-29er
    Pretty much matches the EVO, GX 1x11 and with the Reba (the RLT this time and 15mm) for embarrassingly about 40% of the price, would only need a dropper to beat it - that's a shed load of saving!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • I know what your sayin, basically been offered one at a good price but was also looking at building up a new Cotic Solaris max, I know different style bikes but only looked at the raven because of price I can get it.
    But my head sayin Cotic as it's got boost like my other bike so can swap stuff over if anything breaks and will be built up on shimano and got same size seatpost so droppers are interchangeable. I'd still use the Cotic I'd still use it for Xc races ( I'm never coming first so weight doesn't bother me) and everyday riding ie to work, out with kids
  • The Rookie
    To be a good price the Raven would have to be cheaper than the Boardman....otherwise its not a good price!
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    The Rookie wrote:
    It also has a 12mm front axle which is more CX than MTB.

??????? both those bikes have 15mm axles
  • The Rookie
    Wheelset spec on the Evo says 100x12.......
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    be a misprint, the fork is a 15x100 reba and the frame has 142 dropouts
  • The Rookie
    Indeed, it could be.
  • Sometimes, it may be a fox fork 100mm distance. The price is comparative cheap. I have went for Raven 4.0.
    However, the rear wheel and I fell off on a path. Although, the dealer's mechanic did not believe at first. He believed me after he replaced a new nut on the skewer. The rear wheel loosen again. But, the Asia Head Sales and H KG dealer told me no warranty. I appeal to Focus but in vain. They would never help you. If you guys do not believe in me. Pls tell me.