2017 giant trance 2

Joe31
Joe31 Posts: 17
edited March 2017 in MTB buying advice
Any giant trance 2 2017 owners out there looking at buying one of these are they worth the money

Comments

• JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Seriously??? You just need to man up and make a descision.
  • Joe31
    Yeah thanks for your advice
  • Joe31
    JGTR wrote:
    Seriously??? You just need to man up and make a descision.
    Why do I need to make a decision I'm in no rush
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    More really the number of new threads started on similar topics, can't you just stick to one so we have all the nefarious history in one place?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Joe31
    The Rookie wrote:
    More really the number of new threads started on similar topics, can't you just stick to one so we have all the nefarious history in one place?
    Just trying to get as much advice as I can as I'm spending a lot of money
  • Peoples views on any bike will not convince you enough to buy one. All bikes get good and bad reviews, only way you will know for sure is getting your backside on one and making your own opinion on the bike.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    Peoples views on any bike will not convince you enough to buy one. All bikes get good and bad reviews, only way you will know for sure is getting your backside on one and making your own opinion on the bike.

Which unfortunately isn't always possible when purchasing online. I kitesurf and pretty much chose all my kites by reading online reviews as it was pretty much impossible to demo them.

But it gets to a point where you just have to make a descision and go with it, no one will be able to tell you 100% that that a bike will be for you.

All the bikes mentioned are good bikes, all the info you need is out there, just pull the trigger and get riding.
  • Hey Joe, ive riden a Trance 2 and Trance Advanced 1 and as far as riding performance and specs there isn't too much difference between the two bikes apart from Trance Advanced 1 is carbon frame/wheels. I would have been happy with the Trance 2 but as I'm getting on in years I went for the lighter bike. Hope this is of help to you.
  • JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Get a 2016 Trance 2 and save a huge amount of cash unless you are really set on a bit more travel up front and boost wheels.

The £900 difference will pay for a lot of upgrades when needed/wanted.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Joe31
    Thank you for all your comments appreciate the feedback
  • MGDriver
    MGDriver Posts: 38
    There is a difference between the 2016 Trances and the 2017 models. The 2106 was just a re-paint of the 2015, but the 2017 model has improved suspension design. The 2017 model is getting good reviews in the magazines.
    Giant Trance X2 - 2013
    Giant Trance X3 - 2012 - Stolen :(
    Cannondale Trail SL6 - 2010
  • Briggo
    Briggo Posts: 3,537
    MGDriver wrote:
    There is a difference between the 2016 Trances and the 2017 models. The 2106 was just a re-paint of the 2015, but the 2017 model has improved suspension design. The 2017 model is getting good reviews in the magazines.

It's not like the pre 2017 model is bad, average Joe would be hard pushed to notice.