Looking for somewhere to rant about EBay

Ross Gardner
Ross Gardner Posts: 230
edited February 2019 in The hub
I posted this:

The user startfitness-outlet I recently purchased from them item ID 232077140691

A pair of Gore Element cycling gloves. Now the gloves show up in my purchase history, as "unpaid." This is wrong: I have paid via PayPal. I look and there's a box, "View PayPal Transaction." I click on the box, and takes me to a blank error page.

I check my PayPal account, and it shows the transaction of the gloves, as well as a transaction that is a refunded amount.

I then try to purchase another type of glove, item ID 361722052873

I hit the "Buy Now" box, after selecting my size (M). Nothing happens.

So I contact the seller about this.

I then receive this reply:

"startfitness-outlet is out of the office
Sent:24-Feb-17 17:54

Dear rossgardnergmx,
startfitness-outlet is out of the office until 05/01/2018 and may not be able to respond to your message.
Message from startfitness-outlet:
Hello,
Thank you, we have received your email, we endeavor to respond to emails within 48 working hours. Our office hours are 9-5 Monday - Friday.
If your query is urgent for example if you wish to cancel or amend an order we would advise you to give us a call on 01670 7000 30 between our opening hours as we cannot guarantee that we would get to your email before the order is dispatched.
We have attached a few common questions below in order to try and solve your query as quickly as possible.
Regards,
Start Fitness."

2018! What's going on here?

And get banned for it: naming and shaming. Why can't a mod see the context in the post?

First of all, it's a SPECIFIC user that won't take me past the "buy now," so I HAVE to "name and shame."

And a specific user when it came to contacting them. I think being banned on EBay is a right of passage on the Interblag...

I forgot to mention in the post, that I had also tried using their home site, and it still doesn't allow payments from me through PayPal.

I mean I am being idiot, for expecting it to be simple through a community support outlet, and that I had to "send privately" my gripe. But I wanted other users of the site to confirm PayPal not working for this seller.

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Wut?
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Well if the action point is in your last sentence then find someone else - I'm not testing pay pal for you.
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • I managed to contact the company, and they confirmed it was a bug. Problem is, they have yet to fix it and are not responding to further mail: they insist it is a PayPal issue, which it is not, because PayPal still works for other transactions.

Oh, and all you would need to do is to go to the sign in page of PayPal, nothing more. It won't go to the sign in page once the PayPal button is pressed.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    G-O-M!

So go buy from someone who wants your business.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • The Rookie wrote:
    G-O-M!

What does that mean?
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Grumpy old man?

The Rookie describing himself I think.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Forking sellers who don't give the steerer length, they give you
    the history of the fork to point of boredom
  • All ranting is over there...no, there...here.
    Got it.
    Drat you rant, you’ll pay for this!
    ...the slippery so and so is elsewhere.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    A 2 year resurrect for that?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.