FSA vs Shimano

dennisn
dennisn Posts: 10,601
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm thinking of ditching my 9100 DA Di2 for the new electronic FSA setup. It's claimed to be be better all around AND faster.
What do you guys think? It's gold trimmed. Will that make it better / faster? How about ergonomics? What percentage better than DA are they?

Comments

• smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    Unproven to make such bold predictions. The experience Shimano has in this market I would find it hard to believe they could be ursurped by a new product from a company just branching out into the group set game. I know you are baiting but tbh I reckon the FSA one will be shite first time round
  • Grill
    Grill Posts: 5,610
    When was the last time a company claimed their product was inferior? The 9100 rear mech alone makes it better than other options.
    I have yet to see a half decent FSA product.
    English Cycles V3 | Cervelo P5 | Cervelo T4 | Trek Domane Koppenberg
  • Giraffoto
    Giraffoto Posts: 2,078
    I like to think of early adopters of any new product or technology as martyrs, taking a glorious leap into the unknown so that cautious types like me can get the second or third generation when we're sure the manufacturer has got the hang of it. Do please let us know how the FSA stuff turns out - they do make pretty good headsets.
    Specialized Roubaix Elite 2015
    XM-057 rigid 29er
  • svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Not biting............
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • fenix
    fenix Posts: 5,437
    Dennis hasn't got Di2.....
  • cycleclinic
    cycleclinic Posts: 6,865
    I would go with the shimano groupset simply because availability of the WE groupset is uncertain. Cant find a listing for it with a google search. What is spares availability for the FSA group like. dont know but you should find out before buying.
    http://www.thecycleclinic.co.uk -wheel building and other stuff.
  • hsiaolc
    hsiaolc Posts: 492
    How much you want to sell your DI2?
  • dennisn
    hsiaolc wrote:
    How much you want to sell your DI2?
    Sorry, but this whole post is a joke(and a bad one). Saw an article on the new FSA stuff and just had to be the first to use it to poke fun at all the this vs that post's on this site. Hopefully my this vs that post was at least equaly tedious as the rest.
  • 7% better
  • dennisn
    Thick Mike wrote:
    7% better
    Heh heh
  • Fenix wrote:
    Dennis hasn't got Di2.....

... or gears...
    left the forum March 2023
  • dennisn wrote:
    I'm thinking of ditching my 9100 DA Di2 for the new electronic FSA setup. It's claimed to be be better all around AND faster.
    What do you guys think? It's gold trimmed. Will that make it better / faster? How about ergonomics? What percentage better than DA are they?

The FSA is disc only AFAIK
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles