Diamondback Heist 3+ in the wild

prawny
prawny Posts: 5,439
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
Saw these on the reviews page yesterday, has anyone seen one in the flesh or even a geometry chart?

Looks good value for £950, and I can order one fairly locally. I've never ridden a B+ bike, had a go on a fatty and liked it but couldnt get one within budget my Bossnut has played up so much I'm tempted to get my money back and get one of these or a sonder transmitter. I'm drawn to the Diamondback because it's cheaper and Shimano, rather than SRAM.
Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017

Comments

• mrb123
    mrb123 Posts: 4,620
    Yeah, I've been looking at these with interest too in the light of the very positive reviews, though not sure if I'd go for the 3.0 or the 2.0 model with the 1x gearing.

They stock them in my LBS and they look pretty smart in the shop window though I've not yet been in for a closer look!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    I wouldn't buy a 650b+. Great on dusty trails, useless in mud. Manufacturers are starting to kill off 650b+ due to the lack of popularity.
  • prawny
    prawny Posts: 5,439
    Yeah, I've heard about the plus issues in mud, I very rarely ride in bad bad weather though, and if I do, I've got a trail centre in my back garden so mud isn't really an issue for me.

Really i'm looking for either a full suss that is super reliable and needs little to no maintenance (see the bossnut thread on STW for my trials) or an aggro hardtail, with a bit of pedalling comfort for the odd longer rocky day it scotland.

I do love the way the bossnut rides, but I'm a bit hacked off with how many things have gone wrong under warranty and how much it would have cost if it was out of warranty.
    Saracen Tenet 3 - 2015 - Dead - Replaced with a Hack Frame
    Voodoo Bizango - 2014 - Dead - Hit by a car
    Vitus Sentier VRS - 2017