The V68 "I want it still to be Friday" Saturday thread

2»

Comments

• mr_goo
    mr_goo Posts: 3,770
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Have a quick look into a place called Côte near the bridge. Then tell them all they're lucky to have such great other halves. If they disagree, lob a grenade in (I'll pay for the grenade :twisted: )
    Aah, just seen this. Didn't pass Cote as we wound up in Carluccio's, kids joined us for lunch. Quite a nice day out, but too busy for my liking in Kingston. Stole the boy's bike rather than walking home. Managed to buy the wife a new handbag for her birthday tomorrow so all is well with the world. Might have a kip now.

My mothers and late fathers first place they bought was in Kingston. Or more accurately on the Thames at Kingston. It was a house boat converted from a D-Day landing craft. Their neighbour was Derek Meddings who had his studio by the Thames. And if you've not heard of him before, he's the chap that designed and built the Thunderbirds and all the other models for the TV series. His main job was making model ships for the the world's various shipping lines.

Anyhow whilst you lot choked to death on exhaust fumes it was a most glorious day in the New Forest. A leisurely ride upto Fordingbridge. A pit stop at the local Church where I got chatting to an American philosophy graduate who was cycling from Oxford to Southampton in an old banger of a steel road bike. Fairplay to him on that. Then back to Chez Goo via the Avon Valley. Very nice.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Going for haircut. Buzzcut number one. Might buy a scandinavian hat to go with it.

Man up - no guard zero cut and now you can get yourself a tattoo. :wink:

Raining meh. On toots watch today as OH is back at work. Might get the wooden train set out. That'll keep me happy for hours.

Laters.

I cut my own hair (not paying £12 every ten days for a number 2 at the back and sides and trim the top please mate).

One day as I was doing the back the guard fell off. N2 back and sides plus a shyyyt Zorro stripe grade zero straight up the middle of the back.

12 quid every ten days! 6 quid every month.

I got one of these. Cheap and cheerful but it's a Braun and it works.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • ballysmate
    ballysmate Posts: 15,921
    Went through the stages, grade 4 then 3 then...
    Now when I shave my face, I just carry on and do my head.
    Cue ball.
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    Going for haircut. Buzzcut number one. Might buy a scandinavian hat to go with it.

Man up - no guard zero cut and now you can get yourself a tattoo. :wink:

Raining meh. On toots watch today as OH is back at work. Might get the wooden train set out. That'll keep me happy for hours.

Laters.

I cut my own hair (not paying £12 every ten days for a number 2 at the back and sides and trim the top please mate).

One day as I was doing the back the guard fell off. N2 back and sides plus a shyyyt Zorro stripe grade zero straight up the middle of the back.

12 quid every ten days! 6 quid every month.

Once tried to haggle my haircut down - barber nearly fell over laughing.

Good thing with clippers is that you can just go random with them knowing full well that any hair you cut off from anywhere will be back in about 2 weeks.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Matthew mun, my socks arrived. They're well lush like!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Garry H wrote:

Sweet as! Pictures of them against some norks or it didn't happen.
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    Garry H wrote:

Time to get Nigella round:

NigellaCooksSocks.jpg
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Garry H
    Garry H wrote:

I've handed the picture to the postman, first class. You should have it in a matter of days.
  • pinno
    41N31I7vbvL.jpg
  • Garry H
    Aye, that's him. Do you have the same postie?
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    Aye, that's him. Do you have the same postie?

The bloke who turns up at about 2.30 in the afternoon when he's early? That's the one.