North Wales Trails

PH_Racing
PH_Racing Posts: 3
edited March 2017 in Holidays
Hi all,

First post to the forum :)

Planning a trip this year to Snowdon (walking) in August, found place to stay a hour east in Derwen and have a few days free so planning to take my bike up and explore a bit. Found Coed Llandegla is just down the road so definitely paying a visit there.

Had a look at the Ride North Wales site and the Tough at the Top route looks like a good days ride. Any other routes anyone can recommend to really get most out of the area and explore the trails?

Lewis

Comments

• JBA
    JBA Posts: 2,852
    Welcome to the forums.

Within an hour of Derwen you can get to Antur Stiniog where you can have a good few hours riding. It's next door to Zip World and Bounce Below if you fancy a different experience as well.

Penmachmo is also only about 45 minutes drive from Derwen.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • Thanks JBA,
    Got Zipworld planned for one of the days, will try head over to Antur Stiniog and give the trails a go!
  • welshkev
    welshkev Posts: 9,690
    PH_Racing wrote:
    Thanks JBA,
    Got Zipworld planned for one of the days, will try head over to Antur Stiniog and give the trails a go!

just FYI antur stiniog is uplift only and is very downhill orientated.

you also have the marin trail in llanrwst you could try. i'd also recommend taking your bike up Snowdon 1 evening (the voluntary ban is only 'til 5pm) the descent down is awesome!
  • I'm off to North Wales myself in a couple of weeks, similar area near Snowden. was planning to do 4 days of riding and hit Marin trail, Penmachno, Coed Y Brenin and Antur

MBWales website is a great resource, would reccommend checking that out - http://www.mbwales.com/