Triton Cycles

Cardinal-Red
Cardinal-Red Posts: 37
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm looking at the new Giant Defy Advanced Pro range and it looks like Triton Cycles are selling the whole range with 15% off... Never heard of them before.

Has anybody dealt with them?

Looks like Highland Cycles are doing the same offer.

Hows that possible seeing as it looks like Giant are strict on their distribution network maintaining prices?

Comments

• Used them for genuine Cannondale parts, had good service. Nothing expensive though so can't really recommend them for a bike!
  • I've bought a bike from them.

I phoned them up first to confirm the bike was in stock and after that everything was processed very quickly.

Would use again.
  • I believe that Giant allow limited promotional pricing - at least that's the vibe I have when I bought mine in a similar scenario a couple of years back.
  • Can't speak for Triton but regarding Giant I believe that they don't really like their Advanced-level frames/bikes being sold online and therefore try to limit any discount. I think this is to ensure that anyone riding this level of bike gets to at least try it out for size in a shop before purchasing. This was my experience a few years ago with my Defy Advanced. I did get 10% of the bike's value in free kit though.. this was awesome as was able to kit it out with decent pedals, cages, Garmin mount and an Evoc travel bag. All worked out nicely.
  • Thanks everyone...

I am just in the process of getting the local stockist to price match, so win all round!