Bike 'Pulls' to the Right!

drewesq
drewesq Posts: 137
edited February 2017 in Workshop
So, need an idea of a few things to check...

I replaced the tyres and front brakes on my cross bike and now when I ride no handed she pulls to the right!

Obviously I checked the things I changed first:
1. Tyres are on correctly as in directionally and properly fitted
2. Brake isn't dragging - I initially found it was but after adjustment it still pulls to the right.

I'm sure it must be to do with the changes but I was hoping to fix it without changing 1 tyre at a time etc. etc.

What do you think :)
Cannondale CAADX Disc 2014 Tiagra - Blue
Charge Plug 0
Voodoo Bizango 2015
Ridgeback World Tour (mainly for commuting and holidays)
:mrgreen:

Comments

• slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    I doubt it's the bike and more likely to be a cause of rider input or surface camber.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • slowmart
    slowmart Posts: 4,481
    Or did you buy the bike off Stevo on here or Farage or any other right wing nut job? That would explain the right bias.

If you pinch Jeremy Corbyns front or rear wheel you should counter the handling but I fear that you'll be heading in different directions or continually going round in ever decreasing circles if you manage to fit the wheel to your bike.

Of course you'll have to post in workshop about parts compatibility and be ready for alternate and contradictory advice, sometimes off the same forum member.
    “Give a man a fish and feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and feed him for a lifetime. Teach a man to cycle and he will realize fishing is stupid and boring”

Desmond Tutu
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Front QR might not be seated properly.
  • Wheel/s not centered properly?

Check they sit bang on in the middle of the forks/rear stays
    left the forum March 2023
  • bbrap
    bbrap Posts: 610
    When you changed your brakes did you mess with the cables? If the front one is tight around the headstock and you wound the adjuster all the way in to accommodate the new brake shoes it can put slight pressure on the steering. To check, just hang the bike up by the tip of the saddle and see if the steering remains straight ahead.
    Rose Xeon CDX 3100, Ultegra Di2 disc (nice weather)
    Ribble Gran Fondo, Campagnolo Centaur (winter bike)
    Van Raam 'O' Pair
    Land Rover (really nasty weather :lol: )
  • photonic69
    photonic69 Posts: 2,422
    It's due to that there thar Coriolis Effect innit?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Coriolis_force

:lol:

Sometimes. Maybe. Possibly.