Wheels

Martylou
Martylou Posts: 34
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
I Know that old question again what wheels !!! i want to upgrade from standard wheel set i have on my bike ...unsure weather to go carbon or alloy ... got around £600 looking at fulcrum 3 and zeros ...or go carbon any advise info would be appreciated

cheers

Comments

• Martylou wrote:
    I Know that old question again what wheels !!! i want to upgrade from standard wheel set i have on my bike ...unsure weather to go carbon or alloy ... got around £600 looking at fulcrum 3 and zeros ...or go carbon any advise info would be appreciated

cheers
    If you're not in a massive rush to go out and buy them, and with winter dragging it's heels, I wouldn't be, I'd keep an eye out on here/ebay/wherever for a good second hand set. People are fickle, and there are bargains to be had!
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    Martylou wrote:

cheers

What kind of riding do you do - and what differences are you expecting the new wheels to make?
  • singleton
    singleton Posts: 2,523
    I had fulcrum zero's with light tubes and GP4000s tyres.
    I replaced these last summer with Hunt race aero wide wheels fitted with tubeless 25mm Schwalbe pro1 tyres - and I am very pleased.
  • What kind of riding do you do - and what differences are you expecting the new wheels to make?[/quote]

I live in Norfolk so fairly flat not to much climbing.. I'm no racer but like to keep eye on averages... Mainly sportive rider , I was hoping the difference may give me slight better rolling or bit quicker wheel..