Brake Pad Recomendations

JesseD
JesseD Posts: 1,961
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Have a pair of DT Swiss RRc 65 Dicut wheels to race on this year and am unsure of which brake pads to use with them for the best performance, was thinking SwissStop Yellow King or Black Prince?

Given the weather can be changeable at best I want something that has good wet weather performance (as good as you can get with carbon rims), and still have good dry perfoamnce.

What would you recommend?
Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!

Comments

• trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    I just use Wiggle Lifeline own brand now and they seem to stop as well as Swiss Stop ones which are 20 times the price. I've given up on expensive brake pads, found they make very little (if any) difference. Plus these are cheap enough that once they start getting low or get gritty in bad weather they just go in the bin.
  • JesseD
    JesseD Posts: 1,961
    I did a quick google and saw those on Wiggle at under £5 for 2 sets, reviews they get on the site seem good but didn't know how they compared to the more well known brands such as SwissStop etc?
    Obsessed is a word used by the lazy to describe the dedicated!
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Well I certainly can't tell the difference JesseD, thats for both cyclocross and road.
  • super_davo
    super_davo Posts: 1,205
    +1 for Wiggle pads. The difference between them and a new Swisstops is less than the difference between old and new Swisstops so get them and change them more often. Got to be kinder on your rims that way too.
  • If they're anything as good as SwissStop Black Prince then I'll be buying them at them prices!
  • Reynolds Cryo Blue are the best that money can buy.
    So are the lifeline ones. :wink:
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • Reynolds Cryo Blue are the best that money can buy.
    So are the lifeline ones. :wink:

The Cyro Blue do seem a bit special
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles