New tarmac in Majorca SW FAO Bérnithebiker

galatzo
galatzo Posts: 1,295
edited February 2017 in Road general
Came down the MA1016 (after climbing the Coll des Tords out of Calvia) where it joins the MA1041 out of Puigpunyent on Friday and was greeted by tarmac that looked as back as scalextric track ! Raced down to Cicles Bimont with a grin like a cheshire cat !
Bern's probably ridden it already.
Don't know how far up the road it starts but if its Puigpunyent then there's gonna be some Strava koms smashed.
Bit far south for most (Bern excepted) but if your down that way enjoy.
25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.

Comments

• DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    They filled a pothole on the A4 the other day.
  • DavidJB wrote:

Badly, I expect
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • Thanks Galatzo, good spot, and yes I rode it last week.

Seems it's quite fresh, only been down a few weeks or so. And yes, it goes all the way to Puigpunyent, so as you say, the KOM is probably up for grabs now in both directions, but given the pro teams, etc. you'll need a hell of a tail wind!

It's funny 'cos the road wasn't too bad in the first place, I think in the UK it would have been classed as 'good'. But now it's billiard smooth.

Would be nice if they'd do Col de Orient next, it's not too bad generally, but does have a bad patch up near the waterfalls.

IMG_3132.jpg
  • galatzo
    galatzo Posts: 1,295
    Your right it wasn't in bad condition at all really and there are some much more needy roads than that but who's complaining ! Its a great road to race down in a gang at 40mph :D
    Unfortunately I won't be riding it again for a while as I was over to sort the sale of our family apartment :(
    10 years of great riding and family holidays :(
    Aiming for a long weekend in in the autumn though for a change which will give the legs all summer to get in to top condition :D
    25th August 2013 12hrs 37mins 52.3 seconds 238km 5500mtrs FYRM Never again.
  • DavidJB wrote:

They filled all the potholes I reported around Coventry (badly) but none of those I reported around Solihull...
    Just saying
    left the forum March 2023