Hubbard TT Online Race Series - Cyclelops Virtual Training

Hi all! I am not sure where to post this, but I'll try here. I have created a new race series in Cycleclops Virtual Training, which is essentially a virtual GPS-based version of the "Thursday Night Hubbard Time Trial Series" here in Boise, ID. Why is this route, or anything in Boise, Idaho of any significance you might ask? :-)

In the US, our very own 3rd time Olympic time trial champion, Kristin Armstrong, lives here in Boise. She and her team have done this actual training TT many times. In addition, Richard Feldman, who also lives in Idaho, is also known to show up for this actual series, who incidentally was the first American to win the UCI world masters time trial championship, in St. Johann, Austria. Currently he holds the unofficial Webscorer, human-recorded on the course, fastest time on the course at 19:27 (roughly 29.6 mph or 47.7 kmh). Although Strava has someone recorded as doing it 18:49.

The virtual version of the race will be every Thursday at 6:30pm Mountain Standard Time. Sorry, this is not very EU friendly unless you are a night owl. It is not a hard course, and mainly flat and only 9.7 miles, Smart Trainers and power meters only.

https://my.virtualtraining.eu/onlinerace/live/4418 (this is the first race, you can find the rest in the online race page)

Above all, this is mainly just for fun and to create some camaraderie in our training regiments, as many of us are stuck indoors. But I am curious to see how the online result compare to actual physical course results and how Virtual Training handles the GPS data in translating it to speed based on smart trainer or power meter data.

Cheers,
Kris

Comments

• Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    What's a cycling training regiment?
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.