Ribble - oh dear

stanthomas
stanthomas Posts: 265
edited February 2017 in Road general
All a bit Ed Reardon I know, but oh dear what do they teach children these days ...
Thats write we miss you to. We noticed you have not been around for a while. we just wanted to show you what your missing out on.
We’re here to help you enjoy your ride.

We’ve been serving all cyclists with our fantastic product range, great prices and express delivery for well over a century.

See what you have been missing why we would like you to come back. And to help you with your dission hear is £10 your next order.
(from Ribble marketing e-mail.)

Comments

• I received this email earlier today and noticed the awful grammar and spelling errors.
    I'd be shot if I sent out a marketing email with mistakes like that! :|
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Perhaps send it back with 'marking' grade it (D or E) and 'must try harder' noted!

Maybe they've employed Planet-X's website developer?
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    There's three mistakes in the first, just five word, sentence (didn't read anymore). That's amazing. It almost seems a parody, done on purpose, but there's no reason/sense for that so it's not.
  • Wats der voucher code pls
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • They don't have edumacation at schools these days. Not like when I was a lad!
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    Someone needs to be beaten round the head with da dikshonarey.
  • thegibdog
    thegibdog Posts: 2,106
    Sounds like a phishing email to me... hope you didn't click any links.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    edited February 2017
    Thats write we miss you to. We noticed you have not been around for a while.

Fixed that for you. "That's right, we miss your money. Our bank account has noticed you haven't bought anything for a while."

Ribble... If you're really my friend, can you lend me £20 and give me a lift to the shopping centre? 15:00 will be fine. I'll get the brews in.
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • They left a childish, sarcastic response after I posted slightly negative feedback when I last bought from them. I responded by moving them a bit lower down on my list of preferred suppliers.
    "You really think you can burn off sugar with exercise?" downhill paul
  • This must be a joke surely?
  • ben----- wrote:
    There's three mistakes in the first, just five word, sentence (didn't read anymore). That's amazing. It almost seems a parody, done on purpose, but there's no reason/sense for that so it's not.

Although, it is getting it talked about on here...
  • I would trear this as a phishing e-mail.

All my genuine messages come from Bradley @ Ribble Cycles.

Cannot see that it is anything to do with Ribble apart from use of name to commit fraud.

John.
  • I was sent the email too, definitely genuine, it was from Bradley :)
  • ben-----
    ben----- Posts: 573
    xdoc wrote:
    I was sent the email too, definitely genuine, it was from Bradley :)

Is Bradley a twelve year old?
  • AK_jnr
    AK_jnr Posts: 717
    I saw someone mentioned it on twitter and they replied saying that would sort it out so I assume it was genuine.
    When I read the word 'dission' though I actually felt sorry for whoever it was. Lol
  • imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    ben----- wrote:
    xdoc wrote:
    I was sent the email too, definitely genuine, it was from Bradley :)

Is Bradley a twelve year old?

Unfair to 12 year olds. Bradley is probably older than 12, but it seems clear he has a lamentably poor grasp of (presumably) his own language.
  • Rigga
    Rigga Posts: 939
    Damn it, I unsubscribed from them just the other day and then i go and miss this beauty!
  • Just tried using the code to purchase something and says it is not valid :?
  • pastryboy
    pastryboy Posts: 1,385
    Ribble are way over the top with emails these days. It's like they expect me to buy three bikes a week or something. Usually emails every day. And they are all over me when I try and watch something on youtube.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Looks like tge government's new apprenticeship scheme has started off very well then.
  • Anonymous
    Anonymous Posts: 79,667
    Says they have been serving cyclists for over a century.
    Maybe its a dementia type thing rather than young uneducated staff.

They should rename themselves Dribble!
  • de_sisti
    de_sisti Posts: 1,283
    ben----- wrote:
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    But Ribble are a proper bike shop so they must be perfect. Imagine if Halfords did that!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • DavidJB
    DavidJB Posts: 2,019
    pastryboy wrote:
    Ribble are way over the top with emails these days. It's like they expect me to buy three bikes a week or something. Usually emails every day. And they are all over me when I try and watch something on youtube.

Yep an email every 1 or 2 days from Bradders...I've unsubscribed now.
  • ben@31
    ben@31 Posts: 2,327
    pastryboy wrote:
    Ribble are way over the top with emails these days. It's like they expect me to buy three bikes a week or something.

Garmin sent me an email the other day asking me to spend £400 on one of their Forerunner watches as a Valentines day gift....

....I dont even have a Missus.

I wonder how many women find a GPS watch for weight loss romantic? Or would they rather have a card and some flowers instead?
    "The Prince of Wales is now the King of France" - Calton Kirby
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    ben@31 wrote:
    pastryboy wrote:
    Ribble are way over the top with emails these days. It's like they expect me to buy three bikes a week or something.

Garmin sent me an email the other day asking me to spend £400 on one of their Forerunner watches as a Valentines day gift....

I wonder how many women find a GPS watch for weight loss romantic? Or would they rather have a card and some flowers instead?

you think most women would prefer flowers to a £400 watch?
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • webboo
    webboo Posts: 6,087
    ben@31 wrote:
    pastryboy wrote:

If only you had gone with the watch instead of the flowers this might not be the case. :D
  • Well fair play to Ribble. After a couple of emails they fixed it so my £10 off voucher worked, and they credited my account with another £5. :D
  • mac9091
    mac9091 Posts: 196
    No Bradley's a 36 year old trying to appeal to the younger generation. His attempts at misspelling and poor grammar is an attempt to lure the....twats that seem to find English hard to learn and comprehend.

Sorry I tried so hard there not to get carried away. ...Illiterate twats.
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    mac9091 wrote:
    No Bradley's a 36 year old trying to appeal to the younger generation. His attempts at misspelling and poor grammar is an attempt to lure the....twats that seem to find English hard to learn and comprehend.

Sorry I tried so hard there not to get carried away. ...Illiterate twats.

People in glass houses..... :wink:
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes