BigRingVR

Man Of Lard
Man Of Lard Posts: 903
I just noticed in the past half hour that BigRing has been significantly updated since the last time I tried it... anyone else tried it? http://bigringvr.com/

Since I still have the mass of videos I downloaded in the Autumn, I'm quite looking forward to my trips around Iceland & Japan again :)

No connection with the author - but I think he's done an epic job.

Comments

• dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    I've been using BigRingVR for the last couple of weeks and I'm really impressed. The videos are beautifully filmed, the gradient transitions smooth and feel realistic, the dashboard is easy to read. On top of that the range of available rides is pretty extensive (especially if you like climbing) and new rides seem to get added pretty frequently. They are responsive to requests and technical issues. This week they added the ability to ride against your previous attempts on rides you've done plus others if you have access to their tcx file.

I'm not sure what you mean about riding your old videos but I understand that it is possible to load some format videos onto their software.
    Like you, I've no connection with them but, as you tell, I'm a real fan of what they are doing.
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Dabber wrote:
    I'm not sure what you mean about riding your old videos but I understand that it is possible to load some format videos onto their software.
    In the previous version (just called "BigRing") you had to download the videos from the various RLV (real life video) sharing sites along with the control data... I have half a dozen of those (amounting to around 30 gigabytes)