Road Bike Frame

Ceps
Ceps Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Hey Guys, I could use some help

I'm building a road bike for the first time, I've been riding a MTB and wanted a road bike, I bought 105 groupset with BSA BB.

I was about to pull the trigger on a DengFu FM098 yesterday when I simply started having doubts and usually I tend to listen to myself so that's no longer an option.

I'm trying to find a decent frame online (long story short, cant get anything locally since I live in some fucked up country).

Anyways, I was looking into the Racelight Aithein but currently I weight 100 kg down from 140kg at some point, which brings my next doubt, Aithein has a weight limit of 89kg, I can see myself getting there eventually but 100% sure it wont be next week.

So, 3 questions:

1. Is it ok to ride the Aithein on my current weight?
2. Do I need just a new bottom bracket BB86 to install the 105 crankset, since I got BSA one?
3. Any other frame I should look at considering my weight, that I can buy online? $600 top including shipping to US(later sending it to my country).

Comments

• dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    Evans cycles is selling a Cinelli Experience frameset for around £250 which is a great bargain price for a very nice frameset.
    Looks much nicer in the flesh than online photos show.
    Plus you can use your Bottom bracket plus money left over for nice finishing kit.

I had an Aithien previously and although the Cinelli is heavier, due mainly to the fork, it rides just as nice and easy to build up.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Realistically you'd be fine on the Kinesis, although should it break you'd have no comeback on the warranty. Have you had a look on Planet X - some decent value carbon framesets, some of which may even works out cheaper than buying from China depending on exchange rate and if you get stung for import duties depending on where you live.