N+1 day

figbat
figbat Posts: 680
edited February 2017 in MTB general
If all goes well, later on today I'll realise nirvana as I achieve n+1 (assuming it fits and is as good as it looks in the advert). I'm assuming I'll experience some kind of zen-like calm or something.

And then I suppose tomorrow nnew+1 takes effect, where nnew = nold+1.

Posted in MTB as it's a Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 that could initiate this existential enlightenment.
Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere

Comments

• I'm past n+1 but the itch is always there :shock:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    You can never be past n+1. Think about it...
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • figbat
    figbat Posts: 680
    They say "pride comes before a fall". In my case, literally.

I went to see the bike. It was spotless, essentially having been bought in a fit of enthusiasm, ridden a few times then parked. I paid, loaded it on the roof and drove home. I then rushed to get it ready for a ride that night, fitting lights, SPD pedals and such. I then rode to the meeting point for our regular Wednesday night ride.

Bear in mind that this group noticed when I had fitted new pedals to my old bike, so I expected them to spot my shiny new 29er. I rode up to them all proud and excited and promptly binned it right in front of them. I had hit a wet, algae covered bit of wooden shuttering in the ground (demarcating a hard standing from some grass) at a very shallow angle and the front wheel wiped out. So I arrived on the floor, whereupon most people were asking about my welfare and hadn't even noticed the bike.

No harm done to the bike or me and I had a very good ride on a bike that flies compared to my old alloy 26er. Got it muddy though.
    Cube Reaction GTC Pro 29 for the lumpy stuff
    Cannondale Synapse alloy with 'guards for the winter roads
    Fuji Altamira 2.7 for the summer roads
    Trek 830 Mountain Track frame turned into a gravel bike - for anywhere & everywhere
  • cooldad wrote:
    You can never be past n+1. Think about it...
    Oops yea, took a bad fall of my bike yesterday so I'm blaming that :oops:

Scott Genius MC 30 RIP
    Nukeproof Mega AM 275 Comp
    Cube LTD Rigid Commuter
    Ribble 7005 Sportive