sugino OX601D

maesyreos
maesyreos Posts: 2
edited February 2017 in Workshop
I currently have shimano ultegra Di2 11 speed. Thinking of buying Sugino OX610D chainset to get lower gears. Will this chainset work with Di2 11 speed?

Comments

• imposter2.0
    imposter2.0 Posts: 12,028
    As long as you can get the same chainline, the FD doesn't care what chainset is used. You may have reach issues if you go for an inner which is too small.
  • If your frame uses a braze-on-type front derailleur hanger on the seat tube, then with a smaller-than-normal large chainring you may not be able to lower the front derailleur far enough to get it into the correct position just above the chainring. I fitted an OX801D crankset with 44/30 chainrings to a BH frame my wife has, and I had to drill and tap an additional hole in the top of the Ultegra derailleur mounting plate in order to fit the derailleur low enough. I had to detach the derailleur parallelogram arms and cage while I drilled and tapped the hole:

tap_fd.jpg

SRAM front derailleurs come as standard with two alternative mounting holes already drilled, so a SRAM derailleur may be an option if you encounter this problem.

sram_red_frontd_08_m.jpg