Cycle Insurance

dannbodge
dannbodge Posts: 1,152
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
I've recently ordered a new bike and including wheels and accessories comes to around £2000

Because of this I want to get some dedicated cycle insurance.

So far Yellow Jersey and Pedal Sure look like the best however has anyone else got any other recommendations for who to go with etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    Pedal Cover, though it is a home insurance. Better policy/cover/cost than any bike only cover I've noticed.

And easy to deal with
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Bikmo do specific bike insurance: https://bikmo.com/

I use them - not had to claim anything so can't give any feedback on that aspect, but easy to set up.
  • trek_dan
    trek_dan Posts: 1,366
    Flâneur wrote:
    Pedal Cover, though it is a home insurance. Better policy/cover/cost than any bike only cover I've noticed.

And easy to deal with
    Also recommend Pedal Cover. Got my entire fleet and home contents covered for less than the price of just my best bike through the likes of Yellow Jersey/ Wiggle/ Bikmo etc.
  • dannbodge
    dannbodge Posts: 1,152
    Cool I'll check them out then.

Don't really want the full contents as I've already got that for my house but I'll see how expensive they are anyway
  • drwae
    drwae Posts: 223
    I have used ETA when my bike was brand new, then I had a year with no insurance, then I started putting expensive upgrades on my bike and just took out another policy again with Wiggle.
    I have not claimed on either but the policies seem reasonable and the prices are not too bad for the peace of mind that if I crash and total my bike they will replace it. :) The medical insurance part of it is a joke, £300 cover will get you one appointment with a private doctor and there is a £100 excess. So you would still have to rely on the NHS if you got injured.

IIRC, ETA covered theft of the front wheel if it was locked up with a cable lock as long as the rest of the bike was locked up with a Sold Secure Gold lock. Wiggle are telling me I would have to also lock up the front wheel with a Sold Secure Gold lock to have it covered against theft. Something to consider.