Which Training App to use

Morning,

I'm currently using the Sufferfest app mainly due to being able to use it whilst offline. I'm in the Forces and go away so internet and WiFi are a no go whilst at sea.

What other options are out there as i do like the looks of Zwift and being able to race against other people?

Regards

Comments

• Well Zwift is out really - it's an online app and requires a stable internet connection to work properly. Although it is possible to start it up and then go off line and still ride - it's not very practical.
  • Well Zwift is out really - it's an online app and requires a stable internet connection to work properly. Although it is possible to start it up and then go off line and still ride - it's not very practical.

Which ones can be used offline other than Sufferfest?
  • You can't race against other people without an internet connection I'm afraid.

I think you can with Trainer Road but for offline Sufferfest is going to be pretty good. What hardware do you have access to? As you can do the likes of Tacx Films on a PC. Not sure if RoadGrandTours requires an internet connection.

I think you can with Trainer Road but for offline Sufferfest is going to be pretty good. What hardware do you have access to? As you can do the likes of Tacx Films on a PC. Not sure if RoadGrandTours requires an internet connection.

Im using a Windows 10 laptop to play Sufferfest.

Im using a Windows 10 laptop to play Sufferfest.

Take a look at www.tacx.com their films and training software.
  • paulwood
    paulwood Posts: 231
    I just download a few Youtube race highlights, there are loads from 40 minutes to a couple of hours. Fine then with no net connection for a few days. You need some training plan to go with them but it does break the boredom.
  • dabber
    dabber Posts: 1,926
    VeloReality lets you ride a wide variety of routes on videos that you download. However, other than their demo ride of the Paterberg there is a charge for each video download. The SW to run these is free and there is a workout section in the SW where you can build your own intervals and run them in ERG mode.
    https://veloreality.com/
    “You may think that; I couldn’t possibly comment!”

Wilier Cento Uno SR/Wilier Mortirolo/Specialized Roubaix Comp/Kona Hei Hei/Calibre Bossnut
  • Morning,

I'm currently using the Sufferfest app mainly due to being able to use it whilst offline. I'm in the Forces and go away so internet and WiFi are a no go whilst at sea.

What other options are out there as i do like the looks of Zwift and being able to race against other people?

Regards

You can use TrainerRoad in it's full capacity without an internet connection. There won't be a multiplayer aspect to it, but our sole aim is to help cyclists get faster and become better athletes. We pride ourselves in doing both in time-constrained situations.

You'll be able to run any forms of entertainment along side TR if you'd like as well (video workouts, Netflix, HBO GO, etc). The only thing you won't be able to do is to have your workouts sync to your online career (which you would need an internet connection for).

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you have any other questions or concerns for us.

Thanks!

Community Manager at TrainerRoad — Cycling's Most Effective Training System