Increasing travel on my RS Revo RL 2014

loudog
loudog Posts: 136
edited February 2017 in MTB workshop & tech
Im struggling to work out what I need to do to increase the travel on my 2014 Rockshox Revelation Forks.

They came standard at 130mm. I have removed a bottomless token but cant work out if I need to change the air shaft or not.

I'm hoping its just a case of removing a token and thats good enough but I suspect I need to purchase a replacement shaft?

Thanks in advance
It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Tokens have nothing to do with the travel. They change the size of the air chamber.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • loudog
    loudog Posts: 136
    Really? now I am confused!

So in order to change the travel I just need to swap the shaft piston and thats it?
    It matters not, win or lose, it's how you ride the bike
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    You have to change the air shaft, as noted the tokens have nothing to do with travel, travel is dictated by how far it rebounds as the length of full bump stays the same.

You change the shaft and piston, the pistons are the same the shafts different lengths.

Suggests you may get more benefit from learning how to set a fork up.

If you're interested I have a 120-150mm travel adjust air shaft from a Rev World Cup, PM me.
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.