Black Sabbath - The End

mr_goo
mr_goo Posts: 3,770
edited February 2017 in The cake stop
Saturday 4th February (today) is the last ever Black Sabbath gig.
Anyone who likes rock music will be mourning the end of Sabbath. A legendary and pioneering band. I have been fortunate enough to see them in the early days and with RJD. A great, great band. Great tracks. Great musicians/artists.

Hopefully not the end of seeing them with their own projects. Blizzard of Ozz resurrection?

Favourite tracks...?
Too many to mention, with the obvious Paranoid in the top somewhere. Bit a couple of my favourites are Changes an Symptom of the Universe. And with RJD there is Neon Knights and Heaven and Hell.
Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.

Comments

• Mr Goo wrote:
    Favourite tracks...?

Paranoid
    Symptom Of The Universe
    Hole In The Sky
    Evil Woman
    Headless Cross
    Devil and Daughter
    Children Of The Grave
    War Pigs
    Neon Nights
    Never Say Die
    Iron Man
    Sabbra Cadabra
    Live Forever
  • chris_bass
    chris_bass Posts: 4,913
    Mr Goo wrote:

Untill they need some more money
    www.conjunctivitis.com - a site for sore eyes
  • mr_goo
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

They don't.
    Always be yourself, unless you can be Aaron Rodgers....Then always be Aaron Rodgers.
  • Always kind of liked them until I bought Sabbath Bloody Sabbath on second-hand vinyl when I was at school. In the days of record fairs in the back rooms of pubs - very happy days. I had a Wishbone Ash obsession, but was drawn to this one. Might have been the naked women on the cover (succubi?).
    Fell in love with it and played it to death and was hooked on Sabbath from then.
    Favourite three tracks from Sabbath:
    War Pigs
    Never Say Die
    Killing Yourself To Live
    For my money, Bill Ward and Geezer Butler are the best rhythm section ever. Bill Ward in particular could get so much from what was a fairly small drum set.
    Ecrasez l’infame
  • eric_draven
    eric_draven Posts: 1,192
    Shame they are gone as you say such a pioneering band as like Motorhead,went to see Black Sabbath at Leeds Arena last Thursday night,great night just spoilt by way to many drunken D-heads in the crowd only giving a shit about themselves,also saw them at Hyde Park in 2014 and they were absolute knockout,but so were the support bands at that gig Soulfly,Motorhead,Faith No More and Soundgarden,one of the better gigs I have been to,the start of the set the air raid sirens went off straight into War Pigs,I had a grin from ear to ear
  • Saw them in Portsmouth in 1972 - they were pretty bad, probably smashed out of their minds.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Or until Ozzie forgets this one and does another, etc.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • mr_goo
    cooldad wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Tony Iommi has said that they could do the odd gig, like at festivals. Ozzy has adamantly stated he wouldn't perform again as Black Sabbath as he wants to finish on a high.
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,689
    Mr Goo wrote:
    cooldad wrote:
    Chris Bass wrote:
    Mr Goo wrote:

Tony Iommi has said that they could do the odd gig, like at festivals. Ozzy has adamantly stated he wouldn't perform again as Black Sabbath as he wants to finish on a high.
    Most of his career was on a high wasn't it?