we really want your opinion

Zimluo
Zimluo Posts: 26
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi, we are students from the University of Birmingham and now conducting a survey about cycling industry in the UK. We think you may be familiar with this area and your opinions will be really important for us. Would you take a little bit time to fill in this questionnaire for our survey?

___________________________________________________________________________________________________
We are very sorry for posting a unprofessional questionnaire before. Thanks for all your comments, we've improved our questionnaire as following:
* we improved the wording for the questions and options to make them more understanable.
* we eliminated unnecessary questions and options to save your time.
* we reorganised the order of questions to make them more logical.

If you still willing to help us, please use the following link to access to the new version of our questionnaire.
New questionnaire link: https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/cy ... ey-final-3
Thank you sincerely for your tolerance and kind help!

Comments

• svetty
    svetty Posts: 1,904
    Zimluo wrote:
    Hi, we are students from the University of Birmingham and now conducting a survey about cycling industry in the UK. We think you may be familiar with this area and your opinions will be really important for us. Would you take a little bit time to fill in this questionnaire for our survey?

We appreciate your time a lot!

Questionnaire link: https://coventry.onlinesurveys.ac.uk/cy ... urvey-copy

You are students from the University of Birmingham and I'm the...........oh f**k it, I can't be **sed.
    FFS! Harden up and grow a pair :D
  • Not many on here like to give opinions.

HTH
    I'm sorry you don't believe in miracles
  • slowbike
    slowbike Posts: 8,498
    I got to question 5 and gave up ... it wasn't really written with season cyclists in mind ...

what was the question? - why do you ride? Commuting OR Leisure OR Fitness OR Pleasure ... All of the above wasn't an option ...
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I gave up because I couldn't be bothered to type out every bike brand I knew
  • Bobbinogs
    Bobbinogs Posts: 4,841
    Yeah, I couldn't believe how rubbish this one was. What brands have you heard of, select from this small selection of about 5...and then list anything else! WTF.

I can only assume that the initial survey testing was completed by people who don't actually follow cycling.
  • Halfords is a bike brand now?
  • How often do you ride a bike - less than once a week, once a week or more than once a week? If that is an average, the middle option is going to be very niche.
  • Zimluo
    Slowbike wrote:
    I got to question 5 and gave up ... it wasn't really written with season cyclists in mind ...

what was the question? - why do you ride? Commuting OR Leisure OR Fitness OR Pleasure ... All of the above wasn't an option ...

Thank you for your comments, it really help. we'll try to improve it ASAP.
  • Zimluo
    HaydenM wrote:
    I gave up because I couldn't be bothered to type out every bike brand I knew

Thank you for your commonts, we'll change it ASAP.
  • Zimluo
    Bobbinogs wrote:
    Yeah, I couldn't believe how rubbish this one was. What brands have you heard of, select from this small selection of about 5...and then list anything else! WTF.

I can only assume that the initial survey testing was completed by people who don't actually follow cycling.

Thank you for your comments, we are really sorry for the unprofessional question. Indeed, we are not quite familiar with bike, but we are trying our best to learn from scratch. we'll keep improving our questionnaire.
  • Zimluo
    Halfords is a bike brand now?

Sorry about the confusion, in our trail-test there are a lot of people recognize Halfords as a Bike brand, so we also put it in the bike brand options. But you are right, we'll correct it ASAP. Thank you for your comments.
  • Zimluo
    How often do you ride a bike - less than once a week, once a week or more than once a week? If that is an average, the middle option is going to be very niche.

Thank you for your comments, we'll have a discussion to improve it.
  • Popcorn.