Decisions

drewie8
drewie8 Posts: 7
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
Upgrade time. Trying to choose between Giant Advanced Tranced 1 and Canyon Spectral CF 9.0 EX. Both bikes have similar component and price. The Giant would be local bike shop who would deal with any problems whereas Canyon is internet based and ive read quite a few bad reports.I like both bike and would appreciate any input. Cheers

Comments

• Buy from an LBS.
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    This ^^^^^^^^^^^
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Canyon are back to having major issues right now both in delivering on schedule (again) and lousy UK customer service., while I'm happy to buy off the internet I wouldn't be using Canyon right now.

Giant dealers can be a bit snooty, so get then name right though!
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.
  • Points taken, looks like LBS will getting my money. New choice now, Giant Advanced Trance 1 or Specialized Camber Expert. Giant has 27.5 wheels, Spesh has 29.Any ideas on wheel size choice
  • Ignore wheel size, try both bikes and get the one which fits best and works for you.
  • JGTR
    JGTR Posts: 1,404
    I love my Camber 29er, fast and good up hill and longer distances, just eats up the miles....fun on trails although bit of a tank, have to manhandle it abit on the twisty stuff. Looking at getting a Whyte T 130 for trails centres, best of both worlds.

Really depends on what type of riding you are doing (and not the type that you think you want to do!!)
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    Ignore wheel size...

Why do people say this?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Ignore wheel size...

Why do people say this?

Because he said this as well:
    ...try both bikes and get the one which fits best and works for you.

Good idea.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Ignore wheel size...

Why do people say this?

Because they provide other pertinent information that you inexplicably deleted.