team47b Posts: 6,425
edited February 2017 in The bottom bracket
Ho hum :D
my isetta is a 300cc bike

Comments

• fat daddy
    fat daddy Posts: 2,605
    when does it officially start ?

I have already got up, been to the gym, rode to work, gone to evans to collect an order come back had breakfast and typed this.

so has it started yet ?
  • benws1
    benws1 Posts: 415
    Turbo session last night. This was on the back of Tuesday night's ride in the wind and rain. Which was on the back of a hard turbo session on Sunday, and a 25 miler on the hybrid on Saturday. Only been back on the bike for five weeks. Legs feel shot today. Think I need a rest. :)

Tired too as my 2 year old daughter was up singing at midnight. Have a day of training with an IT person today. Not the best thing to approach when you can hardly see straight. Oh well, gets me away from my desk and my idiot manager for the day.
  • step83
    step83 Posts: 4,170
    fat daddy wrote:

I have already got up, been to the gym, rode to work, gone to evans to collect an order come back had breakfast and typed this.

so has it started yet ?

Couple hours yet, just to be safe.

Hard zwift turbo session last night made going down stairs fun, bit achey today but nothing too bad. Same loop tonight through the volcano I think. Office wise today planning on reducing the work output by around 100% to much has been done this week and I have to warm into the Friday feeling. Also parcels arriving today so I can have a rear wiper. Previous owner thought for some reason it was a good idea to remove it which baffles me, still its taken me two years to get too annoyed with it.
  • Stevo_666
    Stevo_666 Posts: 58,560
    I still don't get this turbo session people keep talking about. For that used to be driving my car round a race track like I stole it :)

Working from home today as I'm getting the brakes done on the car. So emails, coffee and a bit of peace hopefully after yesterdays continental cretin capers.
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • benws1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    I still don't get this turbo session people keep talking about. For that used to be driving my car round a race track like I stole it :)

Working from home today as I'm getting the brakes done on the car. So emails, coffee and a bit of peace hopefully after yesterdays continental cretin capers.

No car at the moment. My last one and my fiancée's are both NA engine, so no way anything I do is car turbo related. :)

Buying a trainer was a good investment for me. It's helping me get used to proper road bikes again. It also helps when I can't get out on the hybrid (due to something breaking or when I'm on daddy duty).
  • veronese68
    veronese68 Posts: 27,329
    I think Thursday has started without me, the traditional Thursday morning hangover has slowed me down somewhat. Couldn't resist the Sausage and onion roll with brown sauce off the sandwich wagon. Several cups of tea have been drunk all to no avail. I think a shot of coffee may help get me kickstarted. Riding in probably would have helped me wake up but need to take the female child to an appointment later so had to drive and sloping off early again.
    Onwards and upwards...
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In that case I have a twin turbo 8) Turbo trainer and an turbo in the car. Unfortunately a large estate is a bit ungainly on track (I tried)

Update on the day, my nice quiet section of the office has been obliterated by someone whos taken up residence an shouts all the time
  • veronese68
    Step83 wrote:
    Update on the day, my nice quiet section of the office has been obliterated by someone whos taken up residence an shouts all the time
    Kill them to death, it's the only solution and better for everyone in the long run.
    We have a bike on a turbo in the house, I would be surprised if anyone else had a bike like that on a turbo. No turbo on the car at the moment, although we were considering a turbo estate. Skoda Octavia VRS looks like fun, not sure if it's big enough though.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

In that case I have a twin turbo 8) Turbo trainer and an turbo in the car. Unfortunately a large estate is a bit ungainly on track (I tried)

I've got two turbos as well - one in each car :P I would like a car with two turbos one day...

You can take almost any car on track - saw one lad rock up a Brands Hatch track day with a Peugeot 306 diesel estate and his track prep consisted of taking the plastic wheel trims off :lol:
    "I spent most of my money on birds, booze and fast cars: the rest of it I just squandered." [George Best]
  • Flâneur
    Flâneur Posts: 3,081
    anyone else laughing at the idea of Stevo driving his car like he stole it?

Morning, lets see what the day brings eh. early gym session done, coffee drank (bought a nespresso machine for my office, I am that lazy) students are annoying me and finally, I may find out if the lender is ok to lend us the money or if they want the vendor to go get a building cert.
    Stevo 666 wrote: Come on you Scousers! 20/12/2014
    Crudder
    CX
    Toy
  • Stevo_666
    Flâneur wrote:
    anyone else laughing at the idea of Stevo driving his car like he stole it?
    Well it made me grin :D
    http://www.pearsosphotographic.co.uk/events/050318_MLR_Cadwell/images/02/index.html

1975_A.JPG

3260_B.JPG

2429_B.JPG

Those were the days...I'm more reliant on gravity than petrol now.
  • lincolndave
    lincolndave Posts: 9,441
    Well it's now 12:06 so l am assuming Thursday has started
  • Thursday is looking good, a couple of nice orders in the pipeline and a decent amount of invoicing from January so far.

Lunch is looking dire though, some roadie fad crap that my mate advised is festering in the fridge, I think it was written in a bike book somewhere that feeling hungry is a good thing... It isn't.

Got some ski servicing to do later at home and dig some cases out of the loft.
    Advocate of disc brakes.
  • benws1
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

I've got two turbos as well - one in each car :P I would like a car with two turbos one day...

You can take almost any car on track - saw one lad rock up a Brands Hatch track day with a Peugeot 306 diesel estate and his track prep consisted of taking the plastic wheel trims off :lol:

Every so often, a feed from the 'Ring pops up on my Youtube. I was watching two full buses racing each other the other day. :lol:
  • step83
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Kill them to death, it's the only solution and better for everyone in the long run.
    We have a bike on a turbo in the house, I would be surprised if anyone else had a bike like that on a turbo. No turbo on the car at the moment, although we were considering a turbo estate. Skoda Octavia VRS looks like fun, not sure if it's big enough though.

I think your right, ill plot their death my supplies at present are limited through the coffer stirrer could be useful. Octavias are pretty roomy Usually best to see in person though, my friend has a Volvo V50 which is about as big as my car but the boot is more narrow than mine.
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Mmmm twin turbo, or is it BiTurbo?

I think the main issue I had was brakes on the trackday big car an rubbish brakes, and I recently found out a bush on one side of the rear passive steer has failed so the cars now crabbing at a two degree angle. Total ball ache to fix as well as its a floating suspension turret mount.

Apparently a dirty great black saab estate entering a corner mainly sideways looked good, it didn't feel it I can assure you.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Mmmm twin turbo, or is it BiTurbo?

I think the main issue I had was brakes on the trackday big car an rubbish brakes, and I recently found out a bush on one side of the rear passive steer has failed so the cars now crabbing at a two degree angle. Total ball ache to fix as well as its a floating suspension turret mount.

Apparently a dirty great black saab estate entering a corner mainly sideways looked good, it didn't feel it I can assure you.
    I was thinking Biturbo at some point but not for the track...

My old track car in the picture had aftermarket brakes. And suspension. And quite a lot of other aftermarket stuff as well.
  • sungod
    sungod Posts: 16,556
    i fitted turbots to one of vtech's

twin_turbot_t.gif
    my bike - faster than god's and twice as shiny
  • Stevo_666
    That would smell.
  • step83
    Stevo 666 wrote:

My old track car in the picture had aftermarket brakes. And suspension. And quite a lot of other aftermarket stuff as well.

Biturbo would be much nicer on the road on track it would just be a pain an expensive to run.

Do you have a track car now? I'm going to do a few more bits on this it sorely needs lowering and the ARBs uprating, all annoyingly expensive though.
  • haydenm
    haydenm Posts: 2,997
    I dealt with Natwest customer service 3 times today. I shall be leaving Natwest.
  • Stevo_666
    Step83 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:

Biturbo would be much nicer on the road on track it would just be a pain an expensive to run.

Do you have a track car now? I'm going to do a few more bits on this it sorely needs lowering and the ARBs uprating, all annoyingly expensive though.
    No, not had one for a good few years now. It was becoming a stupidly expensive hobby so probably just as well - the cost per trackday was just silly when I added in all the running & maintenance costs as we didn't really need a second car at the time. Garage is now full of bike stuff and my leave outs are now for downhill outings.

If I was going to do it again I'd probably just buy an old track spec hot hatch then it wouldn't matter too much if it got trashed. Some of my best fun track outings were in a 205 GTI.
  • veronese68
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Some of my best fun track outings were in a 205 GTI.
    Shared a Lancia Delta GTie for track days for a while. It was practically worthless, we put good quality shocks on it and cut the springs down, competition brake fluid and pads and good quality oil. Did every session at a few track days we did and it never missed a beat. Carried huge corner speed and embarrassed the owners of many faster cars. Hearing TVR drivers making excuses never got old. Unfortunately someone torched it and that was the end of it.
    Rear wheel drive is more fun though. A tuned mk1 MX5 would be a good choice. Took a Ferrari 355 in one at Castle Combe once.
  • Stevo_666
    Veronese68 wrote:
    Stevo 666 wrote:
    Some of my best fun track outings were in a 205 GTI.
    Shared a Lancia Delta GTie for track days for a while. It was practically worthless, we put good quality shocks on it and cut the springs down, competition brake fluid and pads and good quality oil. Did every session at a few track days we did and it never missed a beat. Carried huge corner speed and embarrassed the owners of many faster cars. Hearing TVR drivers making excuses never got old. Unfortunately someone torched it and that was the end of it.
    Rear wheel drive is more fun though. A tuned mk1 MX5 would be a good choice. Took a Ferrari 355 in one at Castle Combe once.
    That's the sort of thing - remember you mentioned your 'Italian Job' before :) . And if you can get a decent little consortium of together it gets quite cheap.

The other great cheap track mod was slick tyres. We bought used ex-BTCC slicks for £30 a corner and they were incredibly grippy - way more than even road legal cut slicks. Only lasted a couple of track days tops and so soft that the rubber formed little lumps - you could hear it flick-ing off the tyres and into the wheel arches when you were on your cool down laps.
  • pinno
    pinno Posts: 51,366
    Step83 wrote:
    fat daddy wrote:

so has it started yet ?

Couple... Previous owner thought for some reason it was a good idea to remove it which baffles me, still its taken me two years to get too annoyed with it.

Sometimes that's a quick method of getting it through it's MOT - no wiper to test, rather than simply buying a new wiper blade.

I see Stevo got more 'air' in his Mitsubishi than on his bike.

Me doing double shift me. Finished framing in the Kitchen then hot footed it down to the garage to paint all the woodwork for the Boogie/Bang bus in anticipation of hopefully getting it finished tomorrow. Got home late, meh.

Laters.
    seanoconn - gruagach craic!
  • Matthewfalle
    Matthewfalle Posts: 17,380
    Ciao

Good day today - got someone through some testing she couldn't do, sorted some spilled claret (human, not grape) out which got me away from a tedious job I had to do and now chilling while TDV is out for an hour and the Bambini are chill in' and bathin'.

Will go and do a weights sesh in a bit then hang about smelling of post weights smell and annoy das Hound and TDV.

Oh - new Chinese carbon saddle arrived for the Madone today - £20. Really nicely made, nice rip off of an SLR shape, 100g. Can't complain at all. Now let's see if it snaps and shreds my sphincter...........
    Postby team47b » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:53 am

De Sisti wrote:
    This is one of the silliest threads I've come across. :lol:

Recognition at last Matthew, well done!, a justified honour :D
    smithy21 wrote:

He's right you know.
  • pinno
    Oh - new Chinese carbon saddle arrived for the Madone today - £20. Really nicely made, nice rip off of an SLR shape, 100g. Can't complain at all. Now let's see if it snaps and shreds my sphincter...........

Here's hoping.
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    A tad windy out there.
  • pinno
    Garry H wrote:
    A tad windy out there.

Aye - a wee bit. It'll bla the cobwebs oot.

You're not cycling to work tomorrow, Shurley?
  • Garry H
    Garry H Posts: 6,639
    Pinno wrote:
    Garry H wrote:
    A tad windy out there.

Aye - a wee bit. It'll bla the cobwebs oot.

You're not cycling to work tomorrow, Shurley?

Nah, I only work mon-thurs. Compressed hours innit.

Was hoping to go for a ride, forecast looks ok n this side.
  • tlw1
    tlw1 Posts: 21,873
    Knackered - it must be Friday by now