Canyon Credit Card Payment Woes

clc2005
clc2005 Posts: 186
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
Hi,
Has anyone experienced problems recently when trying to purchase a Canyon using a Credit Card? I'm trying to order an Ultimate and my Credit Card keeps getting declined.

Obviously the funds are available. My CC company have crawled over the issue as they suggested the anti-fraud mechanism was originally triggered, but reckoned today it was now sorted and should be fine to order this evening.....Tried to order again tonight and the Verified by Visa screen flashed up momentarily, but was then taken back to the Canyon Site which stated "We were not able to reserve the amount at you card. You can continue your order. In this case please contact your bank to solve possible problems with your card and inform us when a reservation can be made. Alternatively you can change your payment method".

Question, i) is this now routine, ii) has anyone got experience that suggests Canyon will be able to sort this out at their end? I'm personally not hopeful, but maybe I've been tainted by negative reports regarding their custoner service.

PS This is my second Canyon so I've actually ordered before in 2014 using the very same credit card as above with no issues. Very strange!!!

Regards
Chris

Comments

• gweeds
    gweeds Posts: 2,605
    Hard to see how this is Canyon and not the card issuer.
    Napoleon, don't be jealous that I've been chatting online with babes all day. Besides, we both know that I'm training to be a cage fighter.
  • trailflow
    trailflow Posts: 1,311
    Have you tried clearing your cookies in your browser before re-ordering ?
  • Canyon don't have a great reputation for their computer systems.......