Merida

Gavin3659
Gavin3659 Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hi. Been looking on here a while but first post. Hope you guys dont mind me starting with a question. My lbs has offered me a Merida big seven 300 which i am very tempted by. It is a 2016 model and is ex hire. They want £350 for it. Does anybody have one of these bikes? Struggling to find any reviews and would like someones first hand account. Please keep in mind that i am looking for a decent entry level bike and have quite a tight budget. Many thanks. Gavin

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Link or details of spec help.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • So essentially, you're getting... what, 40-45% discount? Really comes down to how much mileage that bike has. If it's in a good shape, that seems like a nice price. To be honest, If I was shopping for a bike in this pricerange, I'd probably take straight away, assuming it's not damaged or anything.
    Merida is a good brand. Majority of their MTB frames are rated for riders up to 120kg and should be able survive a nuclear apocalypse with only a few scratches.
  • batmo
    batmo Posts: 277
    You could get a brand new Rockrider 540 with a very similar spec from Decathlon for £340, so while it's not exactly a rip-off at £350, it's not a bargain either.
    Viscount Grand Touring - in bits
    Trek ZX6500 - semi-retired
    HP Velotechnik Spirit
    Brompton M6
    Specialized Camber Comp
  • The Merida bike is a full kilo lighter, has air fork, Maxxis Ikon as stock tires, 180 disc front and it goes on.... I don't know, seems like a clearly better bike.
  • Thanks for all the replies so far.

http://www.merida-bikes.com/en_int/bike ... -4496.html

Hopefull the link works.
  • The Rookie
    The Rookie Posts: 27,812
    Or you can get the Merida built Trott MTB for £380 (£430 full price) which is air fork and 1x11
    Currently riding a Whyte T130C, X0 drivetrain, Magura Trail brakes converted to mixed wheel size (homebuilt wheels) with 140mm Fox 34 Rhythm and RP23 suspension. 12.2Kg.