PTP 2017

dish_dash
dish_dash Posts: 5,560
edited February 2018 in Pro race
With less than a month to the first race I thought I'd get the PTP thread up and running.

Am happy to coordinate and manage the master sheet, providing regular updates, but would appreciate all the help I can get on the scoring front. Updated the calendar (below). Have added in the Ride London-SurreyClassic, no other changes other than updated dates and putting Lombardia back where it should be.

EDIT: Updated race list and scoring allocation. And now with rules, points etc.

February
25 - Omloop Het Nieuswsblad* - dish_dash
26 - Kuurne Brussels Kuurne* - ShockedSoShocked

March
4 - Strade Bianche* - RichN95
5-12 - Paris Nice - gregster04
18 - Milan San Remo* - RichN95
24 - E3 Harelbeke* - Red.Rider
26 - Ghent Wevelgem* - bluemoon17

April
2 – Ronde van Vlaanderen* - mr_poll
5 – Scheldeprijs* - ducknumber1
9 - Paris Roubaix* - bobmcstuff
16 - Amstel Gold* - ShockedSoShocked
19 - Fleche Wallone* - dish_dash
23 - Liege Bastogne Liege* - dish_dash
25-30 Tour de Romandie - Ridgerider

May
5-28 - Giro d'Italia - RichN95

June
4-11 - Criterium du Dauphine - ducknumber1
10-18 - Tour de Suisse - dish_dash

July
1-23 Tour de France - bobmcstuff
29- Classica San Sebastian - bluemoon17
30 Ride London-SurreyClassic - Red.Rider

August
7-13 Eneco Tour - Ridgerider
19-10 - Vuelta a Espana - mr_poll

September
3-10 Tour of Britain - gregster04
17-24 World Championships (RR + TT, Men & Women) - dish_dash

October
7 Il Lombardia - RichN95
8 - Paris Tours - dish_dash

How to Play

Playing along with PTP is extremely simple - you don't have to sign up or join anything other than the Bikeradar forums. If you're already a member here, that means you're already eligible to play.

A few days before each of the chosen races, a PTP thread will be started in the Pro Race forum. That thread will contain a selection of useful links - start lists, race maps, past winners and so on. All you have to do is consider who you think is likely to win and post their name in that thread. It's that simple. If the race in question is a stage-race, you also get to predict the daily stage winners.

Post your pick in the relevant PTP thread before the cut off. If you change your mind then please post as a new post rather than editing your old post.

As you play, your scores will be added up and the overall season rankings will be updated in this thread.
We will also be running a PTP World Cup for the highest scores in 11 spring classics (marked by a * in the race list).

Scoring

TdF = Tour de France / G/V = Giro/Vuelta / Reg = Regular season

GC and one-day winners:

TdF | G/V | Reg
1 | 100 | 85 | 50 |
2 | 75 | 65 | 40 |
3 | 60 | 50 | 35 |
4 | 55 | 45 | 30 |
5 | 50 | 40 | 25 |
6 | 45 | 35 | 20 |
7 | 40 | 30 | 15 |
8 | 35 | 26 | 10 |
9 | 30 | 22 | 5 |
10 | 25 | 19 | 2 |
11 | 20 | 16 | |
12 | 15 | 13 | |
13 | 12 | 11 | |
14 | 10 | 9 | |
15 | 8 | 7 | |
16 | 6 | 5 | |
17 | 5 | 4 | |
18 | 4 | 3 | |
19 | 3 | 2 | |
20 | 2 | 1 | |

Stage winners:

TdF | G/V | Reg
1 | 12 | 10 | 6 |
2 | 10 | 8 | 5 |
3 | 8 | 6 | 4 |
4 | 7 | 5 | 3 |
5 | 6 | 4 | 2 |
6 | 5 | 3 | 1 |
7 | 4 | 2 | |
8 | 3 | 1 | |
9 | 2 | | |
10 | 1 | | |

Doping
Points are finalised once the race organisations publishes their results. No adjustments will be made if it later emerges that a rider has failed a drugs test or if a rider has wins retrospectively removed from his palmares.

Prediction Cut-off
Always the contentious one! The cut off is 12pm (noon) on the day of the race. This is strict so predictions at 12.01 won't be counted (exceptions made for split-stages, evening prologues etc). No GC selections will be accepted once a stage-race has begun.

Comments

• rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    You could even call it the World Cup dish, in keeping with the out-of-date terminology of PTP.

The winner list is a who's who of decent one day riders (and Erik Dekker...before anyone makes the joke).
  • dish_dash
    You could even call it the World Cup dish, in keeping with the out-of-date terminology of PTP.

The winner list is a who's who of decent one day riders (and Erik Dekker...before anyone makes the joke).

:lol: Done... World Cup it is!
  • RichN95.
    RichN95. Posts: 27,154
    I'm willing to help out - Just not the Dauphine
    Twitter: @RichN95
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    I don't mind helping for 1 or 2.

At the moment I can't do Omloop, Vlaandren, Giro, or the first week of the Tour for sure. Other spring races I should be able to do, no idea for later season yet.
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    I wouldn't mind helping out too, give something back :D

Can't do the Tour at the minute for definite.
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Count me in.
    Half man, Half bike
  • Mad_Malx
    Mad_Malx Posts: 5,005
    edit
    bllx - just realised where Easter is.
    Need to rethink
  • RichN95.
    Maybe we could claim a pitch. For example, I'm happy to take every Italian race.
  • I'll gladly help out. Let me know what you need me to do.
  • bobmcstuff
    bobmcstuff Posts: 11,196
    bobmcstuff wrote:

At the moment I can't do Omloop, Vlaandren, Giro, or the first week of the Tour for sure. Other spring races I should be able to do, no idea for later season yet.

Looking into this further I am going to miss pretty much the whole first 2 weeks of the Giro NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Although I will be in Copenhagen drinking beer at 12th-14th weekend so that makes up for it a bit.
  • bobmcstuff wrote:
    bobmcstuff wrote:

Looking into this further I am going to miss pretty much the whole first 2 weeks of the Giro NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Although I will be in Copenhagen drinking beer at 12th-14th weekend so that makes up for it a bit.

Yay! Muchos krone though. But still Yay!
  • rick_chasey
    rick_chasey Posts: 72,691
    dish_dash wrote:

Should really add San Sebastián to it & Lombardi etc.
  • dish_dash
    dish_dash wrote:

Should really add San Sebastián to it & Lombardi etc.

My aim was to build an early season competition. And as you know the best race of the year stands in a class of its own in October.

Thanks everyone for your volunteering... I'll wait for a few more to offer and then start putting names to the calendar next week.
  • mr_poll
    mr_poll Posts: 1,547
    I can do a bit - I am away when the tour is on and romandie - apart from that happy to help.
  • Thanks for running the PTP again!

Out of intrest have we ever included Kurne-Brussels-Kurne to get a 2 day weekend in?
    "A cyclist has nothing to lose but his chain"

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • dish_dash
    Thanks for running the PTP again!

Out of intrest have we ever included Kurne-Brussels-Kurne to get a 2 day weekend in?

I guess we've tended to stick to predominantly WT races, but I don't have an objection to including KBK so long as we can get someone to score it... adds to the PTP World Cup races.
  • jgsi
    jgsi Posts: 5,062
    I thought KBK was WT. . which shows my lack of insight.. I'll just use that Belgian based cycling betting site that gives great tips on any Belgian rider riding in any race that ought to win... onto a winner again.
  • dish_dash wrote:
    Thanks for running the PTP again!

I guess we've tended to stick to predominantly WT races, but I don't have an objection to including KBK so long as we can get someone to score it... adds to the PTP World Cup races.

Is the scoring process easy? I don't mind doing it! But yes you're right it's only 1 HC.

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,076
    Long-time lurker; first-time player. Willing to help out with the scoring if needed. Can't help for OHN or final couple of days of the Giro though.
  • timoid.
    timoid. Posts: 3,133
    Thanks for doing again this year. Think I'm going to give it a proper go.

But "Leige"? Tut tut Dish Dash. :lol:
    It's a little like wrestling a gorilla. You don't quit when you're tired. You quit when the gorilla is tired.
  • TheBigBean
    TheBigBean Posts: 20,620
    dish_dash appreciate your efforts with PTP. I don't think I will have time to score this year though, so hopefully you can find enough domestiques.
  • gregster04
    gregster04 Posts: 1,684
    I think I did Paris-Nice and the Tour of Britain last year so am happy to take responsibility for them again.

If KBK is as good as last year from now on then I'm in agreement on adding it.

I am happy to switch and/or help with the scoring on other races. Probably only the Tour that I would struggle with.
  • dish_dash
    Alright folks. Thanks for volunteering. It's taken me a bit longer than exected to do the allocation. Here's a first cut. Let me know whether that works. Suggested changes welcome.

For those of you scoring for the first time, thank you! It's a simple process involving a spreadsheet (preferably googlesheets). I will PM you details closer to your race.

February
    25 - Omloop Het Nieuswsblad* - dish_dash
    26 - Kuurne Brussels Kuurne* - ShockedSoShocked

March
    4 - Strade Bianche* - RichN95
    5-12 - Paris Nice - gregster04
    18 - Milan San Remo* - RichN95
    24 - E3 Harelbeke* - Red.Rider
    26 - Ghent Wevelgem* - bluemoon17

April
    2 – Ronde van Vlaanderen* - mr_poll
    5 – Scheldeprijs* - ducknumber1
    9 - Paris Roubaix* - bobmcstuff
    16 - Amstel Gold* - ShockedSoShocked
    19 - Fleche Wallone* - dish_dash
    23 - Liege Bastogne Liege* - dish_dash
    25-30 Tour de Romandie - Ridgerider

May
    5-28 - Giro d'Italia - RichN95

June
    4-11 - Criterium du Dauphine - ducknumber1
    10-18 - Tour de Suisse - dish_dash

July
    1-23 Tour de France - bobmcstuff
    29- Classica San Sebastian - bluemoon17
    30 Ride London-SurreyClassic - Red.Rider

August
    7-13 Eneco Tour - Ridgerider
    19-10 - Vuelta a Espana - mr_poll

September
    3-10 Tour of Britain - gregster04
    17-24 World Championships (RR + TT, Men & Women) - dish_dash

October
    7 Il Lombardia - RichN95
    8 - Paris Tours - dish_dash
  • ducknumber1
    ducknumber1 Posts: 1,158
    Works for me
  • RichN95.
    Works for me.
  • I'm away this weekend, can I have Benoot for HV and Kristoff for KBK please?
  • red.rider
    red.rider Posts: 1,076
    Works for me
  • dish_dash
    Cool. I'll update the front page with the list and scoring allocation. But shout if you've only just looked and have a scheduling issue.

Let's launch this season. A reminder of the rules.

How to Play

Playing along with PTP is extremely simple - you don't have to sign up or join anything other than the Bikeradar forums. If you're already a member here, that means you're already eligible to play.

A few days before each of the chosen races, a PTP thread will be started in the Pro Race forum. That thread will contain a selection of useful links - start lists, race maps, past winners and so on. All you have to do is consider who you think is likely to win and post their name in that thread. It's that simple. If the race in question is a stage-race, you also get to predict the daily stage winners.

Post your pick in the relevant PTP thread before the cut off. If you change your mind then please post as a new post rather than editing your old post.

As you play, your scores will be added up and the overall season rankings will be updated in this thread. We will also be running a PTP World Cup for the highest scores in 11 spring classics (marked by a * in the race list).

Scoring

TdF = Tour de France / G/V = Giro/Vuelta / Reg = Regular season

GC and one-day winners:

TdF | G/V | Reg
    1 | 100 | 85 | 50 |
    2 | 75 | 65 | 40 |
    3 | 60 | 50 | 35 |
    4 | 55 | 45 | 30 |
    5 | 50 | 40 | 25 |
    6 | 45 | 35 | 20 |
    7 | 40 | 30 | 15 |
    8 | 35 | 26 | 10 |
    9 | 30 | 22 | 5 |
    10 | 25 | 19 | 2 |
    11 | 20 | 16 | |
    12 | 15 | 13 | |
    13 | 12 | 11 | |
    14 | 10 | 9 | |
    15 | 8 | 7 | |
    16 | 6 | 5 | |
    17 | 5 | 4 | |
    18 | 4 | 3 | |
    19 | 3 | 2 | |
    20 | 2 | 1 | |

Stage winners:

TdF | G/V | Reg
    1 | 12 | 10 | 6 |
    2 | 10 | 8 | 5 |
    3 | 8 | 6 | 4 |
    4 | 7 | 5 | 3 |
    5 | 6 | 4 | 2 |
    6 | 5 | 3 | 1 |
    7 | 4 | 2 | |
    8 | 3 | 1 | |
    9 | 2 | | |
    10 | 1 | | |

Doping
    Points are finalised once the race organisations publishes their results. No adjustments will be made if it later emerges that a rider has failed a drugs test or if a rider has wins retrospectively removed from his palmares.

Prediction Cut-off
    Always the contentious one! The cut off is 12pm (noon) on the day of the race. This is strict so predictions at 12.01 won't be counted (exceptions made for split-stages, evening prologues etc). No GC selections will be accepted once a stage-race has begun.
  • Fine for me too! I might not be able to update the second the race finishes if I'm at work but will try my best :)

PTP Runner Up 2015
  • ridgerider
    ridgerider Posts: 2,851
    Fine for me.
    Half man, Half bike