Enduro bike going downhill??

chrisrahi9
chrisrahi9 Posts: 41
edited January 2017 in MTB general
Hello!
I usually watch on youtube the urban downhill videos that redbull puts. I think it's fascinating with all the stairs and cycling in the roofs. But I am wondering if a enduro bike with 160 mm of travel could pull this off? Of course i am not saying that it will go as fast, but in terms of stifness and travel can it pull this?
Thanks!

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Any bike will go down stairs, some faster than others.

Riding on rooves is not generally advised unless you are Danny MacAskill.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • robertpb
    robertpb Posts: 1,866
    Back in the mists of time it was de rigueur to ride your rigid MTB down stairs.

It's the skills of the rider and setup of the bike that matters.
    Now where's that "Get Out of Crash Free Card"
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    My mate came 2nd at the UK DH series on his Evil Wreckoning.

Said he'd rather use triple clamps if doing it again, but his Fox 36's obviously didn't hold him back too much.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Downhill bikes are marginally better for racing but an enduro bike is pretty close.
    The difference is most noticeable with the way a downhill bike will maintain speed through really nasty rock and root sections. According to a friend who rides enormous jumps (Loose fest 80 foot jumps) downhill bikes are better over real high speed jumps and more forgiving on landings.
    My enduro bike has done some seriously impressive stuff, just not with me riding.
  • Ryan_W wrote:
    My mate came 2nd at the UK DH series on his Evil Wreckoning.

Said he'd rather use triple clamps if doing it again, but his Fox 36's obviously didn't hold him back too much.
    Good to know!
  • Downhill bikes are marginally better for racing but an enduro bike is pretty close.
    The difference is most noticeable with the way a downhill bike will maintain speed through really nasty rock and root sections. According to a friend who rides enormous jumps (Loose fest 80 foot jumps) downhill bikes are better over real high speed jumps and more forgiving on landings.
    My enduro bike has done some seriously impressive stuff, just not with me riding.
    Exaclty. I mean I know that a downhill speed is better at the way it handles the jumps and how it maintains the speed but i wanted to know if an enduro bike is capable(not how well it handles) of doing high jumps that downhill bikes do. Thanks for the answer!
  • rockmonkeysc
    rockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Enduro bikes are easier to jump than downhill bikes. Enduro bikes only find their limits at the really extreme end of jumping. For what 99% of riders are capable of they're fine. I've done the Bike Park Wales pro line on my enduro bike and it was fine.
  • Well, true to the sport enduro bike is such that is as close as possible to a downhill bike without making it unable to climb.
    The thing is, some people can do things on a XC hardtail that us, mere mortals, could not hope to do on a high-end downhill bike.
  • Well, true to the sport enduro bike is such that is as close as possible to a downhill bike without making it unable to climb.
    The thing is, some people can do things on a XC hardtail that us, mere mortals, could not hope to do on a high-end downhill bike.
    Yeah! And on road race bikes like Vittorio Brumotti!