Is muc off a good cleaner?

Wheelie central
Wheelie central Posts: 3
edited February 2017 in MTB general
I personally think it's amazing and have no problems with it but a few of my friends have been complaining about it recently I was just wondering what your thoughts on it are. Also if there's a better alternative i'd love it if you could tell me.

You can see a more detailed article of my thoughts on it on my site http://wheeliecentral.co.uk/index.php/2 ... e-cleaner/

Comments

• cooldad
    cooldad Posts: 32,599
    Needs more cowbell.

And a spellcheck.

And some content. Don't give up your day job.
    I don't do smileys.

There is no secret ingredient - Kung Fu Panda

London Calling on Facebook

Parktools
  • Whenever I used Muc Off, it would give my bike a very pleasant scent. Before each and every ride, I used to apply a very pleasant perfume on my chest and neck. But the Muck Off stuff was much stronger and way more appealing to members of opposite sex. And whenever I dismounted my bike, all that appeal was gone.
    So in order to keep getting laid, I use Muc Off as a shower gel to this day. Bright side is, I save a lot of money on expensive perfumes and can afford Maxxis tires. True story.
  • smoggysteve
    smoggysteve Posts: 2,909
    oxoman wrote:
    Normal H20 and if feeling extravagant car shampoo or baby wipe or similar, mucoff never.

Your talking about in the shower too yeah?
  • Only complaints i've heard are from friends and people on here with matt paint finishes...it can stain
  • FishFish
    FishFish Posts: 2,152
    Whenever I used Muc Off, it would give my bike a very pleasant scent. Before each and every ride, I used to apply a very pleasant perfume on my chest and neck. But the Muck Off stuff was much stronger and way more appealing to members of opposite sex. And whenever I dismounted my bike, all that appeal was gone.
    So in order to keep getting laid, I use Muc Off as a shower gel to this day. Bright side is, I save a lot of money on expensive perfumes and can afford Maxxis tires. True story.

Its TYRES!!!

Anyway don't be shy - its not just the opposite sex that you are appealing to is it? That nice little tryst (NOT TRIST FFS) we had with muc off and swarfega....mmmmmmmmm
    ...take your pickelf on your holibobs.... :D

jeez :roll:
  • poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    nope, wouldn't spray that stuff on my bike if I was paid too.
  • Angus Young
    Angus Young Posts: 3,063
    POAH wrote:

Why not?
    All the gear, no idea and loving the smell of jealousy in the morning.
    Kona Process 134 viewtopic.php?f=10017&t=12994607
  • FishFish wrote:
    Whenever I used Muc Off, it would give my bike a very pleasant scent. Before each and every ride, I used to apply a very pleasant perfume on my chest and neck. But the Muck Off stuff was much stronger and way more appealing to members of opposite sex. And whenever I dismounted my bike, all that appeal was gone.

Its TYRES!!!

Anyway don't be shy - its not just the opposite sex that you are appealing to is it? That nice little tryst (NOT TRIST FFS) we had with muc off and swarfega....mmmmmmmmm

I prefer tires. Deal with it.
  • cougie
    cougie Posts: 22,512
    POAH wrote:

Compared to the mud grit and cow poo that wet rides bring - mucoff is a welcome relief.
  • swod1
    swod1 Posts: 1,639
    It does work but can be expensive as the 1ltr bottles will use up quickly if used a lot.

Look on the motocross shops on eBay can usually get 2, 5ltr bottles for a good price.

I tend to just use some fairy in a old washing up bowl and clean my bike with a sponge and just don't go near any bearings.
  • smoggysteve
    POAH wrote:

Why not?

Cos some tossers like to be argumentative for the sake of it even if they feel the opposite.
  • Angus Young
    POAH wrote:

Why not?

Cos some tossers like to be argumentative for the sake of it even if they feel the opposite.

Not his style.
  • smoggysteve
    POAH wrote:

Why not?

Not his style.

Why would you be so set against using a cleaning product designed for use on bikes? Say you prefer brand x or whatever but to exclaim so strongly your dislike for something with no explanation to back up your comment comes along as twatish imo
  • FishFish
    Also it is interesting that in his articulation his remark '...paid too.' is interchangeable with '...paid to.' That is unusual. Paid two...' would obviously be an error unless it was completed by some contractual consideration. Pound, groats, Kwachas, grains of rice, dollars, pennies, pictures of Uranus, cents, meals at the most expensive restaurant in Twechar, pieces of chalk soaked in the slime of a sea cucumber, debit notes - no, wait; that should be credit notes, ringgit,herds of goats, times a day for the next 12 years, three times a day for the next 12 years, two times a day for the next 15.7 years, and so on.

• poah
    poah Posts: 3,369
    POAH wrote:

Why not?

or the fact its a mild degreaser which isn't good for brake pads or bearings. Got no problem cleaning my bike with a gentle hose and brush.
  • smoggysteve
    POAH wrote:
    POAH wrote:

Why not?

or the fact its a mild degreaser which isn't good for brake pads or bearings. Got no problem cleaning my bike with a gentle hose and brush.

Will do nothing to the bearings. Your not squirting it on them. I'm sure even you can aim a spray bottle onto just the frame.
  • Angus Young
    FishFish wrote:
    Also it is interesting that in his articulation his remark '...paid too.' is interchangeable with '...paid to.'

Not really. He was clearly in error as he forgot the comma between 'paid' and 'too' which would have made a clear distinction between 'paid to use' and 'paid as well' (aside from the use of the wrong word, of course), so not interchangeable other than to those who don't know the rules of grammar. He's clearly just thick. As would be anyone who didn't understand the missing comma.

(loud raspberry noise here!)

:D
  • FishFish
    I think that it should be '...raspberry sound..'. Which is interesting because it is interchangeable with Raspberry Sound - a not so well known stretch of water separating Flotta and Lafonia and as well as being eponymous it is also a phononym of the noise referred to.

If you draw a line between Flotta and the Ring of Brodgar and extend it by the same distance then you arrive at the village of Twatt.

Which is interesting because....

• Angus Young
    :D