CAAD10 vs CAAD12 sizing and availability

Lee_erm
Lee_erm Posts: 56
edited February 2017 in Road buying advice
I'm on the lookout for a CAAD10 \ CAAD12 rim brake frameset, is anyone aware of anywhere with stock? A Google search doesn't reveal anywhere with stock.

Also has anyone swing a leg over a 2017 Cannonade Super Six/CAAD12? Supposedly people are going a size up on what they might have on a pre 2017 equivalent.

Comments

• dow8519
    dow8519 Posts: 21
    I have a 58cm caad10 ultegra with campag zonda wheels and carbon seatpost for sale. Its a black anodized frame in very good condition.
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    All 2016-2017 frames 54cm and bigger have identical frame geo, it's only the smaller frames that had a slight change for 2017.

I'm 183cm and ride a 56 with a 110 stem. Great bike.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • ryan_w-2
    ryan_w-2 Posts: 1,162
    PS: Good luck finding a frame.

Cannondale have been tight as f**k so far with releasing just framesets.

I'm after an Evo Hi-mod disc frame, but can find one anywhere.
    Specialized Allez Sprint Disc --- Specialized S-Works SL7

IG: RhinosWorkshop
  • I got a complete bike from Wheelies. Not sure if they just have frames.

I had no choice on this as it was an insurance job. However if I had choice I'd have built up myself. There is compromise on the wheels and small things like the hoods are the cheapest of Shitmano's disc range by the feel and look of them.

I have the green Caad12. Sadly at present I haven't got the money to replace:
    1. The saddle
    2. The awful Ultegra gear changing to SRAM disc set
    3. The cheap and nasty hoods to SRAM hoods
    4. Not very nice bar tape
    5. Having a FSA light crank rather than a Cannondale spider.

If money comes out of no-where then a complete re-build is in order.
  • pinches
    pinches Posts: 80
    I bought a CAAD12 ultegra disc a week ago, it's a 2016 one that was in the sale

I bought a 54cm the same as my Supersix, it's very similar. I like it, lots, so far.
  • pinches wrote:
    I bought a CAAD12 ultegra disc a week ago, it's a 2016 one that was in the sale

I bought a 54cm the same as my Supersix, it's very similar. I like it, lots, so far.

how much did you pay I quite fancy a caad to go with my supersix , was hoping for a cheap 2016 105 model but they are as rare as unicorn poo
  • macondo01
    macondo01 Posts: 706
    I too have been scouring the net for a CAAD10 or CAAD12 frameset - there are a few disc ones about eg at sigmasport at a good discount

So two things to tell you there's a complete 2016 caad12 105 in a 52cm sunset bikes, just one, and its about to fly off now, discounted to sub £1k - that is a bargain

Lastly there is this frame CAAD12 2017 Black Inc frame coming into Epic Cycles if you order now for April - they'll do it for £750 but they said buy soon because of the pound - I think its gorgeous...

http://www.pmcycles.com.au/cannondale_caad12_black_inc._(2017)
    "Let not the sands of time get in your lunch"

National Lampoon
  • if only it was a 54

dont think im gonna get a one at this rate
  • dwanes
    dwanes Posts: 954
    if only it was a 54

Try leisurelakesbikes who are very reputable

they have this http://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/3141/p ... black.aspx
  • if only it was a 54

I bought the last 54cm from Sigma for £1449 in the sale, which was actually a price match to leisure lakes.
  • Well done

National Lampoon
  • Macondo01 wrote:
    Well done

There is a 54cm CAAAD10 disc Black inc on eBay currently if you're still looking (and want discs)
  • Thanks I'll have a look

National Lampoon