Forum home Mountain biking forum MTB buying advice

Time for a new bike 650b

Grovsie29Grovsie29 Posts: 116
edited January 2017 in MTB buying advice
Hey all. Been a while since I posted.

Ive still got my 2011 Giant Trance X4, with a old pike I think bought from rockmonkey years ago. Its basically a bit long in the tooth, and the rebound is awful, its time for a new bike. I really don't see the point in trying to upgrade the bike, as its 26" and the only good thing about the bike is the frame and the brakes which I fitted Shimano XT.

So my question is what bike? Iam getting back into biking, and will be looking to do all the big trails centres this year, I like to ride pretty fast, and do rock gardens, etc.

My budget is about 2.5k. Iam looking at 2nd hand bikes, I love the look of nukeproof and santa cruz, but really not sure what to get. My mate has a orange 5 with a Rockshox pike RCT3 fork and it felt lovely.

• The RookieThe Rookie Posts: 27,795
    Latest Trance in 27.5 flavour?
    Current steed - Whyte T129, 2013 frame, mongrel Revelations, Giant dropper, Stans S1 wheelset. 12, Magura Trail Sport brakes, 1x11. 12.8Kg
  • JBAJBA Posts: 2,842
    2016 Giant Trance 27.5 1 or the 2017 Trance 2.
    “Life has been unfaithful
    And it all promised so so much”

Giant Trance 2 27.5 2016 ¦ Sonder Broken Road 2021¦ Giant Revolt Advanced 2 2019 ¦ Giant Toughtroad SLR 1 2019 ¦ Giant Anthem 3 2015 ¦ Specialized Myka Comp FSR 2009
  • oxomanoxoman Posts: 10,992
    Just get the New Trance, it's not overpriced like your first two suggestions and the Orange is just agricultural. Mate had the orange five and my Anthem was just as capable and did everything his did.
    Too many bikes according to Mrs O.
  • rockmonkeyscrockmonkeysc Posts: 14,774
    Go for the new Trance.
    I've got a few more spares in the back of the garage you could fit to it :-)