Staines to Lambeth Route Suggestions?

crossed
crossed Posts: 237
edited January 2017 in Commuting general
I might be needing to commute into Lambeth for a few weeks from the Staines area and was looking for some advice regarding routes as I seldom travel into Central London.

I'm thinking along the lines of A30 up to Bedfont then basically follow the A315 along through Hounslow, Brentford, Chiswick, Hammersmith, Kensington, along the bottom of Hyde Park then along Constitution Hill, Birdcage Walk then over Westminster Bridge.

Looks reasonably straightforward to me but I could do with finding out if any of the route is worth avoiding?

Comments

• Crossed wrote:
    I might be needing to commute into Lambeth for a few weeks from the Staines area and was looking for some advice regarding routes as I seldom travel into Central London.

I'm thinking along the lines of A30 up to Bedfont then basically follow the A315 along through Hounslow, Brentford, Chiswick, Hammersmith, Kensington, along the bottom of Hyde Park then along Constitution Hill, Birdcage Walk then over Westminster Bridge.

Looks reasonably straightforward to me but I could do with finding out if any of the route is worth avoiding?

Try asking on Commuting Chat. Unless A30 has cycle lanes then prob avoid all of it. I would def go south at Chiswick and then back over Putney Bridge or not depending on whereabouts in Lambeth